Dumas lil swamp buggy - brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Error401

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Been a while, at least a lifetime or two. Anyway, here's my latest project, a Dumas lil swamp buggy, converted to brushless electric.

LSB1.jpg

LSB2.jpg

LSB3.jpg

Yes, that's an '80s GI Joe at the helm. I've tricked it out for night running, with those coolassed little self contained LED lights you might see in the hobby shops. Got some bright white LED's for head lights, but got them today so I haven't gotten to try them out yet.

Here's a couple vids on youtube I took today (second one is onboard footage).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Cox .049 (the plans still have that on them). The kit has been around since the '60s (I think). Dumas still kits it. Dad built the Big Swamp Buggy back in the '80s, and I'm gonna get it out of moth balls and hang a screaming OS .46SF back on it. It should be sick with that engine.

I put an E-Flight Park 370 1080Kv out runner on it, powered by a 3 cell LiPo. I had to take a 10x7 prop and cut it down to 6" to get the performance I wanted.

A couple flying buddies got the air boat fever when they saw this and one scratch built a blue board foamie pivoting ducted fan on it. That one is pretty wild. We're probably going to start racing them this summer.

Yes Dumas still makes the Big Swamp too. I built one a couple years back and put a ringed .61 on it and it is (Just slightly) over powered. I was thinking about making a SPAD corrugated plastic swamp boat with a brushless set-up. That would be stupid fast I would think.

That look awesome! I wish I had a nice place to run a boat.

Sweet. How fast does it go right now? It looks pretty dang quick in those vids...

Id be nervous putting that cam on there lol water + camera = bad

Back