Dual 8s capable Infraction.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a bunch of stuff for the 6s Infraction. I got the inner fenders and air guards from Scorched RC.
Headlight and brake lights and lights that look like the rotors are glowing. Also got a set for under glow near the exhaust.

After looking at the instruction videos on install the lights and brake lights they say to hook it to the handbrake switch.
Thats easy.

IMG_5386.jpeg

IMG_5387.jpeg

O ya this is to cool for school.
I found a 10 dollar thing that will allow me to activate the brake rotors from a switch.
The brake lights will be on the hand brake and the headlights will be on all the time. I don’t have the brake lights yet.

IMG_5390.jpeg

IMG_5388.jpeg

IMG_5389.jpeg

Why not do the rear wheels as well?
The kit comes with two lights. I was kinda wanting to do all four. And I have to plug in everything to a power pack and I am already short on plugs. I’m going to look for a Y connector today.

The kit comes with two lights. I was kinda wanting to do all four. And I have to plug in everything to a power pack and I am already short on plugs. I’m going to look for a Y connector today.
There has to be an easy way to make them light up on their own. Like when on the gas, they go out. It could be a simple adjustable controller that works off the PWM signal of the throttle channel. And a fade in and out should be doable with some simple circuit in the wiring. I wish I was better with electronics. I know, it looks cool as is. But you got my gears turning and this is a really cool idea. Cool enough I could see the Chinese ripping off your idea and running with it 😄

I have no idea what this does, but there are a gazillion little circuits out there like this. Something out there has to be exactly what you could use to make this super cool.

PWM Module, PWM Speed Control Module 5V~24V Adjustable Duty Cycle with Power Indication for Industrial Use https://a.co/d/2qiisd1

@tntpoof might have some ideas.

I could probably do it with mixing in the radio somehow. But the button is the easiest thing. They have blinkers, brake lights and reverse light kits for crawlers. Maybe something like that would work.

I could probably do it with mixing in the radio somehow. But the button is the easiest thing. They have blinkers, brake lights and reverse light kits for crawlers. Maybe something like that would work.
Do you have a link for the light kit you bought for the wheels?

I got them on EBay 266716821065
They are from Polo creations rc.

Tonight I got all the Scorched RC air guards and inner fender parts cut out and mounted.
All the carbon fiber filler pieces installed and the body is fitting tight with not much air ginning lost under the chassis.

IMG_5397.jpeg

IMG_5396.jpeg

IMG_5398.jpeg

Got the second roller and I got it all taken apart.
I am working on the body. I plan to use it for racing and save my new body for other stuff. Speed car gets a different body.
The chassis is what I need for the speed run car.
I got titanium drive shafts and turn buckles. Metal shock tops and a H-R steering pivot with the roller.

Now I need to disassemble the suspensions and rebuild the differentials. Making sure I don’t have a felony gear set or something. You never with used stuff.

I have plenty of shims to adjust the diffs and will figure out the oil. I’m probably going to spool the center diff.

That and finding thicker sway bars and stiffer springs are next.

IMG_5405.jpeg

IMG_5403.jpeg

I got the differentials all torn down. Need some bearings and a bunch of cleaning .
Turning to the chassis now. It’s a mess of tape and scratches.
I want to mount the motor mount and see how that looks.

Taking it apart has the same gritty feel of a used motorcycle.

IMG_5410.jpeg

IMG_5409.jpeg

I am not 100% sure but I think the chassis plate is bent. I bolted the front part of the motor mount in place. I had to drill one new hole for the right side . And there is a top plate that keys in to the rear of the center did mount. The mounting holes did not line up . And if I pushed on the chassis I could get them to move in the correct direction. But the plate is 3/16 steel and I can’t bend it by hand. So I ordered a new carbon chassis plate. It will be more better anyhow and give me room to re arrange things. Like batteries and ESc’s

IMG_5413.jpeg