Driveshafts for traxxas 2wd cars (CVD, C-CVD differences, which one is better)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Looking at the MIP shafts for my rustler. I got the X-Duty ones on my slash. I do have to grease them up and clean them once in a while. Should I get the MIP X-Duty CVD or the MIP C-CVD? Tekno has their own driveshafts but they need a different hub. I still have the stock driveshafts which have a little bit of play in it where the pins are. Traxxas has their heavy duty plastic ones (Rustler 4x4)

I don't have a particular opinion on either. I'd be curious which you go with and how they hold up. I will point out that the 2nd link is for the nitro rustler which has shorter arms than the e-rustler. You didn't actually say which rustler you have tho so maybe that's correct.

I got the e rustler. Tho they are for the slash too but idk for the e slash or nitro slash. Driveshafts from my slash fit the rustler and same the other way so I don't think it matters. Planning on going with the C-CVD or the traxxas CV shafts. Not worrying about my slash, rustler right now. Just focused on my B74 build. Which reminds me I should start building.

I got the e rustler. Tho they are for the slash too but idk for the e slash or nitro slash. Driveshafts from my slash fit the rustler and same the other way so I don't think it matters. Planning on going with the C-CVD or the traxxas CV shafts. Not worrying about my slash, rustler right now. Just focused on my B74 build. Which reminds me I should start building.
traxxas driveshafts have that sliding action so the difference in length may not matter. But with the CVD the length is more specific
https://www.miponline.com/MIP-C-CVD-Bone-Traxxas-Electric-Rustler-Stampede-1-08124 is for the electric Rustler

Back