Drag Race Starting Trees - Need an electronics guru

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, my brother is taking a look at this. He said a Raspberry Pi would be able to do everything. Control the lights, bracket racing, staging, 60'times, reaction times, etc. Just like a real pro tree. So this could be really cool if we could get it going. He is looking at the parts needed to build it.

Anybody ever notice this pic for the Losi 22S?
Screenshot_20211121-081713_Chrome.jpg

All I know is whoever mass produces a drag timing set up will start raking in the cash as theres a fair demand for them I think right now.

I am thinking about the starting tree situation.
$500.00+ seems to be the best option for a starting system with staging that has a speed trap. Really that’s a good deal. Wish it was not discontinued. Still have them on E bay new in the sealed package.

But like someone said we have the GPS in the car.
SkyRC GPS gives all the information, so really all we need is a battery operated count down thing that has three yellow and one green light. Push the button blink,blink,blink and go on the green light.

Forget the staging stuff. Draw a line with Chalk.
Draw another 132 feet away and set up the go pro.
No wires nothing. Just a starting light.

We are smart. We should be able to figure it out

I got the Traxxas drag race start light. It’s perfect. It like a cute girl standing in the middle of the street with a flashlight ready to start the race. Only without the cute girl.

Attachments

• 8B3A676B-F374-4335-8306-6AA242900776.jpeg
    8B3A676B-F374-4335-8306-6AA242900776.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 50
I got the Traxxas drag race start light. It’s perfect. It like a cute girl standing in the middle of the street with a flashlight ready to start the race. Only without the cute girl.
Probably just going to grab that along with a couple GNSS units.

Back