Don't use a switch for the reciever?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just curious as to how many guys don't use a switch between the receiver and battery pack on their nitro's? I haven't used one since I started the hobby. Had to many run aways due to a faulty switch on my xxx-nt.

Tonight, I just installed deans on my savage receiver and battery pack. I'm going to hold off to see how I like it, then I'll do the buggy.

I also soldered the battery lead into the receiver instead of depending on the little servo plug. After looking at the circuit board on the airtronics 92836 (3-channel FM) receiver, I noticed that internally, it had holes for a 5th plug, so I used those holes for my hardwired battery line. Seems to make everything work faster. Servos are ridiculously fast now. I'm not sure if it's the deans plugs allowing more current or the placement of the battery lead on the board. Looking at the actual battery pins, I don't see anything that would appear to be a BEC on it.

Oh, I also used fatter wire on the receiver pack and my receiver battery lead. It's probably about 14G wire.

Anyway, just curious to know who else doesn't particularly care for switches.

I use the switches.

Never have had a problem.

I used the switches too. My servos are crazy fast too. I use a lipo pack with voltage regulator for my rx pack.

Bill

Mine always had a tendency to corrode or they were the first thing to get wet, then it would soon be followed by a WOT spray of parts...

Guess I've just had bad luck.

I've had one switch go bad, but it just wouldn't turn on. I still use switches with out problems besides that.

No switch.
I have one in my 777 that I use, they other cars, no.

I use a switch but will be getting rid of it. There's not that much room in the Serpent for one and also no mount for one as well. I zip tied mine to the upper deck but won't be using it next year.

nada on the switches for me too....never had runaway but gone through too many of em.....

I run switches, no problems here. I have seen a few guys at the track have problems though. As a matter of fact I had to loan a switch to a guy today.

I use the switches, but that's because my rides all have enclosed radio trays. Too much work to plug it in and then take the time to close up the hatches. And for anyone who has tried to shoehorn all their gear into a Savage radio box, you know how much of a pain in the ass that can be.

I thought about installing a different type of switch on my r/cs. Reason being, the switches used on my expensive r/cs are the same damn thing used on wal-crap cars.

I think I'm going to install better ones when I get the chance.

BTW: whenever that switch feels hard to push, change it.

I use switches on all my cars, but the key is the orientation. I put the ON side down or to the front, so inertia will keep it from turning off. Never had a runaway in 14 or so years of R/C due to a bad switch... Now, antenna wire ripped off and wrapped around the rear-center drive shaft, that I've had happen.

Are we talking about the on-off switches? I was thinking that it wouldnt work without one or would interfere w/ the failsafe. if so, I use one.

we just plug th ebattery into the Rx directly....you have to open the box to turn your RC off but you never have a switch fail.....and no it doesn't affect the Failsafe....

I seal my reciever in a balloon wrapped in electrical tape wrapped in foam... It's way to hard to get at just to bash with it like that. That's why I soldered the battery lead directly to the receiver board.

I use switches in my HPI nitros, mostly because there is a spot available for a switch. I do not have a switch on my Serpent 710. I have an extension plugged into the RX and the other end of the plug is double side taped to the radio tray, the battery plugs directly into the extension. This way it eliminates constantly plugging in and out of the RX. Over time this would cause extra wear on the RX pins. I would much rather run switches if I could.

Back