Does this sound fishy to anyone else??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex2342

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I recently sold a turbo head from my Dodge Neon on Ebay.With the "Buy it now" price I offered for the head to be cleaned and stuff before it's shipped out. A person bought and paid right away through PayPal. Now this is where it's gets a little weird! I've emailed him 4 or 5 times with no response? He also has 2 different email address's and I've sent messages to both. One is registered with PayPal and one is with Ebay. He also has what appears to a company address listed with PayPal that is unconfirmed! I've searched for this "company" all over the net and can not find the company name anywhere but I did find the address. I got what I assume to be his real name from PayPal and did a search for his address. After I got his address(and phone#) from the net I searched for driving directions from the address he gave to the address I got from searching his name and they are like 5 minutes from each other. Now what should I do here?? The head won't be back from the shop until Tuesday but I haven't heard a single word from this guy and it's been 3 days since the auction ended. His feedback is all positive on Ebay but I'm kinda worried about sending out something worth this much to an address that is unconfirmed and to a guy that doesn't respond to his emails.

Do not ship anything to unconfirmed shipping address as it is not covered by paypal. I suggest wait for buyer to responde, and when he/she does, you should ask he/she to send you money order / western union, and refund the paypal payment.

IMO you should talk to him before you send anything if he dosent reply in a reasonable amount of time send another email warning him that you will be sending his money back if he didnt contact you.

Well if I don't hear from him by Tuesday I was going to write him and tell him I will be refunding his money minus the amount I will have to pay to the machine shop if he doesn't answer me. Machine work isn't cheap and I can't afford to be spending money I don't have because some joker is trying to burn me(if thats the case). I know how PayPal works too. If I ship to his unconfirmend address all he's gotta do is say he never received it and I will be out my head and have to refund his money!! Even if I ship it with a tracking number(which I will) there is still a chance PayPal will refund his money and will never see my head again!

if it looks suspicious then it most likely is!

Well he contacted me today!! He wants me to ship the head to his buddies house because he says he's had problems with people stealing his packages from his house and his freind is home more often.The address Paypal gave me is the same address he gave me but for some reason PayPal has a company name listed. I ran a check on the name of his friend and its the same address and I got the phone number too. If the deal does go south I will have enough info to track him and his friend down and they're not to far away from me!

good rex cover all your bases.and save all the emails and what not :cheers:

If he isn't that far from you, why not make the transaction in person? Unless it's a not so nice neighborhood or something.

Back