Does this battery work in my 1/16 Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connor_TK.Extra

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi I am just wondering if I can run a 3s LIPO esc on 2 2s LIPOs in parallel to give me a bit more speed and longer run time
Thansk
Connor

You can run a 2s or 3s in parallel on the mERV. 3s is a bit tough on it and you will need a pinion with a couple more teeth to lower the gear ratio and help the motor and ESC to run cooler and prevent thermal shutdown. DO NOT RUN EITHER LIPO PACK IN SERIES! This will kill the ESC from over voltage.

if you increase the pinion size it will thermal no doubt..it will run hotter not cooler... and he clearly states he wants to increase run time and use battery in parallel not series...

running in parallel will only supply esc with 7.4 volts not 11.1 volts, speed = motor kv + voltage. your run time will be longer but speed will be reduced. increasing the size of a pinion gear makes it go faster but can overheat, smaller will add torque.

why is it that people use the nominal voltages of a lipo .its 8.4 and 12.6..

why is it that people use the nominal voltages of a lipo .its 8.4 and 12.6..
Because that's what labeled on the battery. Some people don't realize that the voltage is different and they go by what is written on the battery.

well then they be doing it all wrong.... we have a very small voltage usable amount in these lipos ... we dont see whats listed on packs for voltage if you do your hurting your batteries by over discharging them and you will be buying more batts in the long run....but anyway let them do it wrong...its not my dollar..

Back