Do you have an RC to match your 1:1?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that is a 3d printed body. I wonder if the files are out there somewhere, because if I paid $300 for those prints I would be pretty upset. The layer adhesion and layer lines in that look terrible, which means a lot of work to fix. This is how it's supposed to look (straight off the printer), and this is a MUCH harder part to print in 1/16 scale...
20210824_065956.jpg

Last edited:
So that is a 3d printed body. I wonder if the files are out there somewhere, because if I paid $300 for those prints I would be pretty upset. The layer adhesion and layer lines in that look terrible, which means a lot of work to fix. This is how it's supposed to look (straigt off the printer), and this is a MUCH harder part to print in 1/16 scale...
View attachment 131599
What software do you use? I have a creality cr10 and use creality or slic3r. I can't remember which one.

What software do you use? I have a creality cr10 and use creality or slic3r. I can't remember which one.
Simplify 3d. If not that I would use Cura, but I have seen far better prints in Simplify. The toolpats it generates are just much cleaner imo. But I never played with Cura more than a couple months.
Do you know if that body is PLA or what? I have never been able to get any CA to adhere very well to PLA. But that is what the OP says they used.

Last edited:
This is perfect! Unfortunately the clear paintable hellcat body is out of stock everywhere. Its not even on ebay. freakin covid O__o
The Kyosho stuff has been pushing restocking dates back every month. It looks like most stuff should be back in stock by oct-nov now.

Wow that's awesome body work.. your rite it's dam perfect.. And it's the TRD.. headlights look like HDI ones very cool look👍👍😲
For $216.86 you can buy the whole body with details and decals lol. Holy cow.
I know it's crazy...PIPE wanted a tundra body that's really the only good replica tundra body out there .. well besides lexan ones... but yeah crazy it's tamiya 2 pc that's why...and then all the extra xrap need.. adds up these days.. then light and every thing else probably closer to 3.. its insane🤪😜😲😲🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Wow that's awesome body work.. your rite it's dam perfect.. And it's the TRD.. headlights look like HDI ones very cool look👍👍😲

I know it's crazy...PIPE wanted a tundra body that's really the only good replica tundra body out there .. well besides lexan ones... but yeah crazy it's tamiya 2 pc that's why...and then all the extra xrap need.. adds up these days.. then light and every thing else probably closer to 3.. its insane🤪😜😲😲🤦🏻‍♂️
It would be awesome if they sold it all as a kit. Or do they?

I don't believe so... I think it's all pc by pc.. as to please everyone taste.. not sure about the TRD in the Toyota world one believe that also is pc by pc. I will look into that..🤔🤔 now I'm wondering if so or not 🤣🤣

https://mfabtacoma.mystrikingly.com

Simplify 3d. If not that I would use Cura, but I have seen far better prints in Simplify. The toolpats it generates are just much cleaner imo. But I never played with Cura more than a couple months.

Do you know if that body is PLA or what? I have never been able to get any CA to adhere very well to PLA. But that is what the OP says they used.
Site lists pls at first, now nylon resin.

I think I downloaded a tacoma of thingiverse some time ago.

https://mfabtacoma.mystrikingly.com

Site lists pls at first, now nylon resin.

I think I downloaded a tacoma of thingiverse some time ago.
Oh, that last one is printed on an SLA. I had a Peopoly Moai SLA printer, but I sold it when I lost my job sadly. Whatever they printed that on is super nice.

Oh, that last one is printed on an SLA. I had a Peopoly Moai SLA printer, but I sold it when I lost my job sadly. Whatever they printed that on is super nice.
Ill take your word for it. I used pla and printed a semi trailer dolley, gas, propane, crates, and a traffic light- build on that coming soon.

I've orderd abs, but need to fix my printer. Its been sitting 8 months. The feeder needs fixed, then go through the bed.

Ill take your word for it. I used pla and printed a semi trailer dolley, gas, propane, crates, and a traffic light- build on that coming soon.

I've orderd abs, but need to fix my printer. Its been sitting 8 months. The feeder needs fixed, then go through the bed.
ABS is nice and strong, but make sure your printer is somewhere you can vent the air somewhere. That stuff will put off some nasty fumes.

ABS is nice and strong, but make sure your printer is somewhere you can vent the air somewhere. That stuff will put off some nasty fumes.
Even with the pla, I try to vent it. Long time smoker and mowed a good 100,000 yards, my lungs hate me. Thanks for the tip though.

Even with the pla, I try to vent it. Long time smoker and mowed a good 100,000 yards, my lungs hate me. Thanks for the tip though.
Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I just finished a 24 hour print. 400mm tall and 2.4mm thick. It weebled and wobbled the whole way up and I ended up having to tape and glue the base of it.
20210824_185948.jpg

20210824_185957.jpg

Yeah, I opened up the arc a bit and added the holes. Had a lot of trouble with this one
It looks awesome man!!!👍👍 WELL DONE.. won't know you had any problems... very clean and straight. Can't wait to see it all together

Back