Do I need to get another motor for the steering?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nico0821

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I'm using AUD system for the RC car.
I have done some research for the steering and it seems like it will need another motor with enough torque to turn the wheels.
1646919056992.png
1646919077585.png
1646919094785.png

Is there another way instead of getting the part on the right to turn the steering? Maybe a small motor connect to a chip with pins to connect the AUD?

Not sure what an AUD system is, but if you need something more powerful that s servo, there are linear actuators. But I have only used linear actuators one time for operating an smp rack in a car stereo system, and there was no way to control how far they moved. Just fully compressed, or fully extended. And they were pretty slow.

Not sure what an AUD system is, but if you need something more powerful that s servo, there are linear actuators. But I have only used linear actuators one time for operating an smp rack in a car stereo system, and there was no way to control how far they moved. Just fully compressed, or fully extended. And they were pretty slow.
Yeah I have search more and I see there are two type of servos. But should I get a rotating one instead, but wouldn't it more programming or stuff like that. I mean, like, how can we even control a servo?

Current radio systems have an endpoint adjustment. It will stop the servo from turning at a set position. Easy peasy.

As far as full rotational vs a servo with limited travel, full rotational servos are used for winches. For steering, use a regular servo.

What scale is the chassis you are building? Or if not to a scale, how big and how heavy will it be?

If looking at servos, check out reefs rc if you’re looking for one that programmable. Reefs biggest consumer is animatronics. Can program a lot on there servos. Will need to get the programmer also if you do.

You can call them too and ask. I’ve talked to them a couple times. Always answered and was nice.

there are 2 main types of servos linear and rotational the rot servos all have different sweeps and strengths' Arduino commands should tell servo how much of sweep is needed

Oh, AUD is arduino. I gotcha. The only experience I have with an Arduino is flashing the firmware on one of my 3d printers by following a step by step guide. I wish I had the skills to play around with those and Raspberry Pi's. My brother does some amazing stuff with them, but he has been programming since the late 80's.

Back