DIY self body making

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PANABA453

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i made a vacuum former and imade some blitz body's for myself please watch the video , i have more on youtube called HPI BLITZ 101 mods

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool vid, thanks for posting. I've been going to do this using some of the hard foam from Walmart like people use to stick fake flowers in as a mold after I cut it out to look like something of course.

I've watched your vids, very impressive!

way more than i want to get into. how much time and $ did you invest to get your final product?

I've been going to do this using some of the hard foam from Walmart like people use to stick fake flowers in as a mold after I cut it out to look like something of course.

Florist foam won't hold up to the pressure... its crumbly and dents like watermelon flesh.

I'm impressed.

Nice job!

haha good work man. if i had a setup like that i would get some crazy molds :first_place:

You could also purchase an iron for screen printing t-shirts to heat the lexan with.

We were going to do the exact same thing but just never got the time to buid everything.

Thank you for sharing this cool process with us.

I have been wanting to make an AMC Javelin AMX for my nitro on road for a long time. I would love to try this out, thanks for posting that vid.

Back