RC Bodies are a nightmare

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do what I said and they come out just fine. That paint needs to stick! And thin light layers is the 🔑

I got it all written down and I'm going to give it to him with the paint lol. If he wasn't buying the body for me I would send it to you.

If it's alright I'll shoot you a message whenever I need any paint work done. I greatly appreciate it! I have a couple bodies in mind this summer-ish. Just haven't bought them quite yet because money is tight until about May/June-ish. I still have a toolbox to pay off at work lol.

It was just an honest mistake. I'll remind him to pay a little more attention.

I appreciate it, but since he's paying for a new body for me, I'll let him try it again. If it's alright, I'm sure i'll have more paint work needed in the future.
I live in an apartment man, and I painted my drag Mustang body on my bench with a sheet over it. It was too big to fit in my spray booth. Airbrushes have next to zero overspray, and water based acrylic paints are fume free. As much work as you put into your bodies I always assumed you painted them.

I live in an apartment man, and I painted my drag Mustang body on my bench with a sheet over it. It was too big to fit in my spray booth. Airbrushes have next to zero overspray, and water based acrylic paints are fume free. As much work as you put into your bodies I always assumed you painted them.

It's just something I don't have the skill for. I've practiced so many times and just can never get the hang of it even with an airbrush. Vinyl and sticker work however just comes naturally to me. Maybe I'll try it again and buy a decent airbrush someday..

Yours are usually just one color right? This was done with a $40 Master brand airbrush off Amazon.
20211225_055948.jpg

It's just something I don't have the skill for. I've practiced so many times and just can never get the hang of it even with an airbrush. Vinyl and sticker work however just comes naturally to me. Maybe I'll try it again and buy a decent airbrush someday..
You can do it. Yea hit me up anytime I’ll give you any pointers that I can. I can’t do vinyl work yet so maybe we could share some knowledge!

Yours are usually just one color right? This was done with a $40 Master brand airbrush off Amazon.
View attachment 182724

That looks killer! Yes, usually just Metallic Black. I'm willing to give it another go when I have a good chunk of change to spare. I'd like to save up for a decent airbrush and compressor. I have too many projects/toys/bills but not enough finances lmao.

You can do it. Yea hit me up anytime I’ll give you any pointers that I can. I can’t do vinyl work yet so maybe we could share some knowledge!

For sure! Feel free to message me and I'll do the best I can to help.

That looks killer! Yes, usually just Metallic Black. I'm willing to give it another go when I have a good chunk of change to spare. I'd like to save up for a decent airbrush and compressor. I have too many projects/toys/bills but not enough finances lmao.

For sure! Feel free to message me and I'll do the best I can to help.
Give us like a how to: thread know what I mean?

I just rattle can stuff, someday I will airbrush. It’s not too hard, get a body, do a simple 2-tone scheme, then work your way up to more flashy stuff.

Give us like a how to: thread know what I mean?

I just rattle can stuff, someday I will airbrush. It’s not too hard, get a body, do a simple 2-tone scheme, then work your way up to more flashy stuff.

Oh sure I can do that. I don't consider myself an expert by any means and there's still some things I don't quite understand, but I'll pick a time to write up a thread on what I do know how to do 😄:thumbs-up:

I too would love to see a thread on making decals with the vinyl cutters. I used to design and print waterslide decals for people in the model railroading hobby, but I've not done that in years.