Differentiating Xray XB4 by year

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samsonite1220

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey all. I am definitely new to RC cars so please excuse me if this isn't in the right forum. I tried looking around but couldn't find anything related to my question. Long story boring, I took an Xray roller on a trade. The guy told me it was either a 2018 or 2019 model year. I don't know if that is the case or not as he told me that he took it as a trade as well so who really knows. My question being, is there anyway to tell distinctly between the year models of the Xray XB4? I have learned my lesson about trading for rollers from people who aren't sure about the year of them... Thank you for your time and any help is appreciated. If adding pictures would help, please just let me know what to take a picture of and I will gladly add it.

The xray xb'19 and 18 are almost the same.. 1 can not ell thru pics.. id take a look at the part # and do a comparison.. then you can see what make 1 different from the other.If you find a specific part # thats different from 18/19 as long as its not to pricey and time consuming buy that part 1 of each year and see what 1 you have..sorry best I can do I run a xb'20 ..

That's a really tough one. Xray comes out with a new buggy every year. Their changes are so small that you can't tell without tearing it apart. I'll see what I can dig up from some people I know.

The guys, I know, say you can tell by the hubs. I'm not sure what the differences are, but if you pull up a build sheet on each one, you will see the difference.

Awesome. Thanks guys for your help. I'll start looking into the hubs and see if I can find a marked part. I appreciate your time.

this will have to be a sight recognized part not a stamped parts #.. dl manuals for both or a good pic of hubs so you can see what makes 1. 18 and the 19