Different Glow Plugs & Fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buggy_will

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hows it going everyone, I am fairly new still to nitro r/c but learning as I go along. I have a duratrax 835B 1/8 scale nitro buggy, I've been running Cool Powers 20% nitro with 10% oil in it since I bought it new, I also only use the OS brand #8 Glow plug in it. My local hobby shop is no longer going to stock it so I was looking at running a new fuel, a friend of mine runs the traxxas 33% nitro fuel, I was thinking about running it in mine but didnt know if I would need to change my glow plug to accommodate the different level of nitro content, let me know guys, thanks

I won't use any plug other than an os personally...you can get 2 for the price of one on ebay...as much as I like supporting the local guys sometimes your just almost forced to Internet sales...what other fuels do they offer?

Traxxas fuel is my absolute last choice of fuels. Like was asked above what other fuels do they offer?

I always stick to 20%, if racing then 25% or 30%- as for glow plugs- I use O.S- and have never used different (other than the stock HPI one, which burnt out after the first few tanks. I use Model Technics fuel- which works really well for me, but is unavailable in america.

I like ODonnell 20% RTR with a cold or medium cold plug.

All i heard was that traxxas fuel have very large oil%.

Well I decided to stick with my OS #8 Glow plug and now I'm using Traxxas fuel, after retuning the engine to the new fuel its running great. I can tell it does have more oil in than Cool Power, but I like it. Its running great and I can pick it up at any of the hobby shops around me, I do buy my glow plugs on ebay, I buy them in bulk and they only end up being like $4.10 a piece, hobby shop try charging $9-$10 a piece for the OS brand plugs, theyre the best plugs out there but I would never pay $10 for 1, thanks for the advice guys, now I just picked up a team associated mgt 4.6, and I will be posting a new thread up for that because I have a ton of questions on that thing, its an ebay special lol.

14.00 for an os plug at a hobby town in ny!

Back