Diff oil suggestions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenman242

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Doing a bit of a winter rebuild on the maxx and I'm in the process of doing the diff
I got 2 new ones from a 4907 and I'm wondering what weight oil they come with stock and what weight everyone would recomend front and rear
Btw I'm running a rb tm523 54/20 cb/spur if that makes a difference and mostly just thrashing around with a couple of mates in dirt/sand

Winter rebuild... wierd? I believe stock is lightly greased. I fill mine with Ofna 100k.

Weathers bit differnt down here lol
The new diffs have oil the ones being replaced are greased,i have read to put 30k in the rear and 50k in the front would that be a good start point??
Tried 100k in the rear bit too much oversteer for what I'm doing

whats wrong with oversteer? I'm using 120k in front and rear, going to put 500k in rear when i get around to it

i dont mind a bit of oversteer but i need to make it faster in the turns against my brothers maxx with a .28 and that where i usually get him just looking for abit more on throttle steering without the back coming around on me

Back