Did I miss something

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you get the truck with the domains...I think??

doubtful, man are they gettin screwed
Thats were than the Maxx Body I saw goin for 200 the other day

I was starting to wonder. At least I see the people that were bidding stopped since the guy bid $10100, poor bastard.

Someone did not read the fine print, when they started to bid on that...poor fool.

yes, its the domain only. Though i bet ebay pulls it. The clown thats selling them thinks he is wise.... look where he placed the auction...in the AUTO section. Domains belong in the computer related section, thus the auction is misleading no matter what the fine print.

-WoodiE

Ebay should have cought that in the first place its not WoodiE's job.:batman:

In 99% percent of cases people that get ripped off like that aren't so unintelligent that they can't tell they're bidding on an item that the seller is trying to pass of as something else, they're just too impatient and are lacking the common sense to know you should read the fine print. In other words, any reject who bids 10 g's on a frickin hummer without reading everything in the auction deserves to be stuck with the bill..........

I've bought a few things without reading the fine print but it was not because of the dirt cheap price, a too good to be true price generally means it is actually too good to be true.

Yeah Re-tread, but is it a 'Warn' wench? Then it would definitely be worth it. HE He.

Attachments

• warn wench.jpg
    warn wench.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 75
I'd never heard that a Warn Winch was called a wench!! I did a google search, and I guess you're right.

Still sounds quite funny..."12,000lb wench" :D

"Did I miss somethig or are these 31 people bidding 10,000 for the domain name only?"

You did not miss anything. What the guy is doing is perfectly legal. It has been done many times before. Especially with stars. Take Madonna. She had to pay something like $50,000 to get a domain that a guy owned using her name. She had to either pay the guy or get her domain named something else besides Madonna . com LOL.. You just need to be one step ahead of everyone else.
Say that you bought a domain and named it Ford Tonka Trucks. For the Ford Tonka concept truck used in the Toby keith videos. Then if you beat everyone to the punch. Then Ford or someone wantting a domain named after the truck well they are at your mercy. It would not surpise me in the least that the people at AM General are the high bidders and will watch the auction closely to make sure that they win it no matter what the cost.
Dont you wish that you had thought of the idea to buy a domain named Brittany Spears . com when she first hit the charts. LOL .. Yea.. As gag nasty as she may be. You would have made a good chunk of change by now.. :music:

www.traxxas-sportmaxx.com
www.associated-mt.com

HHummmmmmmm

Ahh I didn't know what the content of this tread was about till les posted. Good ol Fashioned Site CAmping. That is still pretty legal even though certain companies are going after people. nissan.com is probably the biggest story of a manufacture sueing.
There are also highjackers. How look at major domains and they look at when their registration expires. And if the owners do not reregister the domain in time the people will highjakc the domain. A few years ago this was very common but the courts have not been as forgiving to this as of late. X

Originally posted by Retread316
I'd never heard that a Warn Winch was called a wench!! I did a google search, and I guess you're right.

Still sounds quite funny..."12,000lb wench" :D
Warn is like the best manufacturer of winches used for off road.

Yeah, actually, I was going for the play on words, but mis-spelled it. Should have been 'worn' wench, as in well-used, roadmapped etc.

You're right, Warn winches kick ass.

hahahaha I know a couple of 'worn wenches'

:OMG:

Back