Did I make a decent buy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LogicFree

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and to the RC community in general, as today I bought my first RC vehicle of any kind. I bought a Team Associated MGT 8.0 for about $600 including a few accessories. ($515 for the car alone.)

I'm a pretty conservative shopper but I was looking for something to do for fun as I just moved to a new town and don't know too many people yet, and this seemed great. I'm hoping I made a decent buy, even though I risked it and didn't really look it up all that well.

I don't see that much information on it here or anywhere lese much yet, if you guys could direct me to any sites covering it a lot - that would be great.

Thanks,
Alex

The MGT 8.0 is a newer version of the MGT 4.6. I had a couple of them and they were great trucks. Having sealed diffs and a tough drive train will help with the .36 Engine in it.

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Associated kits are pretty top-notch stuff. :thumbup:

I've had a Gold tub RC10 (first version with the 6 gear trans), RC10T (featured the first stealth transmission, which has become a standard feature on all AE models since), the RC10GT (again, first version, updated to a blue pan factory team), RC10B3 and T3 (factory teams), and lately, the RC18B, which is getting the brushless treatment.

Out of all the other brands I've had, Associated (AE) will always be my favorite, followed extremely closely by Mugen and HPI.

My first RC was an RC-18t. Very tough little truck out of the box. It was relatively quick and lots of fun with lots of upgrade parts available. You made out out like a bandit on the truck price. I'd recommend driving it like you stole it!

I only have a Traxxas and an HPI, but everything that I've heard about Associated has been good. In fact, their line of quality seems so high that I'm going to put an Associated engine on my HPI Savage. Is this your first Nitro RC? If it is, welcome to a wonderful hobby, a great lifestlye, and most of all, welcome to the best forum that I've ever heard of, much less been a part of. There's a lot of information on the web about RC's but most of my information comes from these places in this order:

1.) RCNitroTalk.com -- The members here have such a vast amount of knowledge on every subject imagineable, and they always go out of their way to help out people when they have a question or a problem.

2.) Manufacturer Website -- Most of the big manufacturers have a good website that will address specific vehicles and their problems, parts, manuals, etc...

3.) RC Magazines and their websites -- These can be a great source for reviews on new products, how-to articles, tips for racers and for everyday bashers, stuff like that

Associated makes some pretty stand up rc , the truth of it all though, is run after run if you’re happy with it it’s a good buy, lots of fun and happy bashing!

Back