DESC410R questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a gearing question about the DESC410R. I'm going to be using a MMP with a 5.5T SC4X Sensored Tekin Motor. I will be bashing and a little bit of rookie class racing as I'm fairly new to the hobby. I have two questions:

1) Should I run the stock spur gear and if so what is a good range of pinions to use with this set up?

2) If I should should change from the stock spur then how many teeth should I be looking for and again what pinion range should I look at using?

Thanks in advance.

I'm just looking for a range not an actual specific spur/pinion size just something to work with like stock spur with soemwhere between a 13T and 18T Pinion.....just a ballpark to work within really. I just dont want to start blind guessing and end up buying pinion sizes that arent even remotely close. I was hoping there were some DESC410R owners out there that could maybe throw our 2, 3 or 4 pinion sizes to get me started on the right track.

Thanks

Ok so after hours of pouring over the internet I discovered this motor needs somewhere between a 12T and 15T. Or at least thats a good starting place in case anyone else is wondering.

Back