deiciding on new stadium truck!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drkman07

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys i'm getting a new stadium truck and i just dont know which to choose. I'm thinking between the jato and the nitro mt 2. can ppl let me know feed back on either truck expieriences with either etc... and i did search..

thanks in advance

You may want to check out the RC10 GT2 if your getting a new unit. The GT has been a rock solid unit for many years and the new one will be nothing but better.

I have never owned either of the units you mentioned so I can't comment.

the MT2 is nice, I'm running an MT2 18ss

i love it, but I'm a HPI whore aswell ^^

got the Rush Evo, Nitro RS4 3 Evo, Mt2 18ss, Savage SS 4.6 :D

If you plan to bash, MT2 is a solid no brainer. RC10GT/GT2 is a prime choice too, and you have the benefit of being legal to race if you ever want to.

CRIM0441.jpg

RC10GT. Answer the calling...

I agree with bazzboy i have a MT2 18ss and its a great truck.I ran it for about a year with out a rebuild about 3 gallons of gas and it still pulled good.Everything on it is pretty much aftermarket from the MT (in the 18ss stock form)thicker chassis better shocks bigger tank,thicker gears,better diffs.I had the MT1 before i got this and everything on the MT218SS was all in the aftermarket book of the MT1.

Even though my rc10gt is not stock in any way, it was excellent when it was. The problem came when I went to big block power... It is a great little truck, and I would definitly reccomend it to anyone looking to get an ST.

it all depends on what you are doing. if you are racing the problem with the 18ss is that its 4wd, and not all tracks allow a 4wd stadium trucks, on the other hand if you are bashing i would take the 18ss in a heartbeat. now the jato would be good to bash as well, unless you go with the one speed conv, and new tires, then maby it would be good for club races if they allow .15 engines for stadium. if you want to race go with the rc10 gt or gt2. they are a rock solid racer.

cheers rob

Can u tell me why Stadium trucks are mostly 2WD? I have a XTM x-cellerator. But I was thinking about the MT2 !8SS since it's 4WD. Wouldn't 4WD be the best? All my cars have been 4WD up to now. The XTM hasn't been broken in yet, so I don't know 2WD's performance. Can anyone shed me some light?

Well most are made so that they COULD be raced. AE,Losi,Mugen,XTM,HPI(Rush), Traxxas all offer 2WD b/c that is what is race legal in that class. HPI,MRC, GS and others make a 4wd truck, but they are the exception to the rule. If you want to race them, you will be out of luck at most tracks.

4WD is great for bashing, and it makes it easier to get around the track with. 2WD ST racing is one of the harder to master classes. With all the power that todays .12-.15's and even .18s offer, it takes a gentel finger to get the truck around the track at a good clip. But when your bashing, who cares? Peg the gas and let er rip.
2wd vs 4wd is a good debate for bashing.

18SS MT2 or XTM X-cellerator? Which one? Primarily for bashing. Want good control.

I think those are HPI tires i have them for my MT i bought them a while ago i forget the name.The tires are at my moms and i wont be there till this weekend ill post the name next week.I had them for sooooooo long there great tires.

Last edited:
for bashing 18ss can't go wrong. 4wd and an .18 motor, mucho power.

cheers rob

I vote for a RC10gt,awesome truck and endless possibilities for parts!

drkman07 I was in the same situation as you when i first started out except it was the nitro rustler and the mt2 for me. eventually i got an 1/8th scale buggy and then after a couple of years with that i got my AD2. If you plan on racing go for the team associated GT2 or the Losi AD2. I wish i got the Drake 1 instead of the 1/8th scale buggy because my buggy wasn't built for racing. If you are just going to bash thats a whole different story. I can't say how either the mt2 or the jato will do. Just saying from a racing standpoint you wanna go for losi or associated for sure :)

I have the jato and love it.........simple

Back