Debt now equals total U.S. economy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
President Obama projects that the gross federal debt will top $15 trillion this year, officially equalling the size of the entire U.S. economy, and will jump to nearly $21 trillion in five years’ time...

Mr. Obama‘s budget said 2011 will see the biggest one-year jump in debt in history, or nearly $2 trillion in a single year. And the administration says it will reach $15.476 trillion by Sept. 30, the end of the fiscal year, to reach 102.6 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) — the first time since World War II that dubious figure has been reached.

Source: Washington Times

Am I the only one that is bothered by this article? This is insane! Regardless if you're a Democrat or Republican this is crazy and as far as I'm concerned BOTH parties have equal share in this mess. Both parties want to talk about budget cuts when they are the ones not in power but none of them actually do it.

I don't want to be doom and gloom but things are going to get really bad if something doesn't change. The government is in debt and all they can do is continue spending as normal.... NO, increase spending and borrowing money. Where in the world does this even make sense?

/end rant

No WoodiE, you're not. I unfortunately have become incredibly politically cynical. I don't believe there's anyone we've sent to Washington who will make a sincere attempt to curb this. I find it very hypocritical of these guys to pay tons of lip service to balanced budgets and not mortgaging our children's futures only to then drop a budget like this which increases the debt astronomically.

We as citizens are forced every paycheck to make decisions about what money goes where. And when that money is gone, we are out of options. We don't have the luxury of spending far more than what we take in. If we have to learn to live on a budget, the freaking government should learn how to live on a budget too!

Wow this is bad indeed, didnt realize it was unfolding like this

Wow! I shouldn't be surprised at this, but I am. We could take a big chunk out of this by cutting the wages of the congress critters and take away the salaries for their staff as well. It was originally meant for the people in DC to be there part time and to have regular jobs to support them. Working in the capitol was meant to be a hardship and a privilege.

I completely agree. Our governments spending is out of control and there probably isn't one person on capital hill that has enough integrity to do anything about it.

Our leaders are too busy trying to make everybody happy. That's means spend a little money everywhere. What NEEDS to be done is our budget needs to be put on a serious diet. We need to simply curb spending on things that are not making life better for the general population. Now you have to understand that means a lot of people aren't going to get anywhere near what they have been, but that is the sacrifice that needs to be made. If the federal budget is EVER going to head in the proper direction the government WILL need to piss off A LOT of institutions to do so.

It's time to cut welfare, politician's pay, and eliminate all the lazy, bloodsucking douchebags that are weighing us down.

Amnesty for the illegals. No, it doesn't make it right, but when Lil Bush was in office, there was something like 20 million illegals in the U.S. Now let's say that number increased by 25%, so 25 million. As they are arrested for their various crimes, make them citizens instead of shipping them back to whatever country they've come from. Now they have to pay taxes. Then take all the able-bodied males, 18-30, and ship them out to our overseas bases, they serve four years. Make them pay for their own insurance, taxes, etc.

Now look into what Gov Scott Walker is doing here in WI. This man has become my hero in less than a month and a half. His new budget proposal makes ALL state employees increase their own contribution to health insurance and pensions. They will go from paying 5.6% of their insurance premiums, to 12%. Those of us in the private sector, pay on average, 20%. Would you believe that these people are whining about it and protesting? Do that across the boards for the entire federal government.

As far as the federal government is concerned, mass lay-offs are in order. Did you know the IRS is planning on hiring over 5000 more employees? OVER 5000! There are too many positions being filled in the government that don't need to be filled. There's no reason for an assistant to have an assistant. Not only that, but most jobs can be re-delegated to other people, and many positions can be eliminated.

And furthermore, screw the whole impeachment process. We should be able to fire representatives if we are not happy with their performance. For starters, fire everybody in the House and Senate, and start over from scratch. Tell the newbies, if you suck, get out. Pay starts at $75k, max pay of $150k. No voting for raises, no clauses in bills to get special crap, just for your vote.

Sorry about the rant. I try not to discuss politics, it gets me all worked up at how this country is being run into the ground, just so some asshat with a Lincoln can make a buck off of me and not even earn it.

Thanks to our own government, all the soldiers who died fighting communism, must have done it in vain, since we now support Communist China. China now has the FASTEST growing economy in the history of the world.
Our nation will take a big fall because our elected leaders allowed our corporations (WalMart, especially) to move production to cheap labor in China, without imposing huge tariffs that would have made it undesirable.

Wow alien, that's deep man. I honestly don't know much about all this crap, but it definitely sucks.

I still think all the deadbeats need a rude awakening. Yes, some people need welfare, comp, etc. But most of them are lazy, bloodsucking, useless bastards.

We have one at work, he is useless, does nothing but brag about how he did this and did that.....brags about his 7,000 dollar settlement for getting his finger cut, etc etc. He can't lift more than ten pounds, and he had to brought back to work, by law, so he can suck up over 24 bucks an hour. That is over 6 bucks more than me, and I'm one of the 'heavy hitters' around that place. It's just so aggravating to work almost 3000 hours a year only to watch useless dirtbags live it up like that. Not to mention a former friend of mine who is physically able, but sucks the welfare tit because he doesn't want to work.

There's my rant, hope you enjoyed it.:p

Last edited:
I have an idea! Let's pay the Congress critters minimum wage for the actual time they are in the Capitol actually working. If they want an aid or a secretary for their office, they pay for it. If they want an office, charge them rent. If they want to go to the hospital, you guessed it, they pay for it. Make the president take a pay cut to equal the average income for the US citizens he represents. Same thing for the Veep. This alone would save us big bucks.

As far as a budget, They can only spend as much as they take in taxes. Any more than that and it comes out of their pockets.

[/soap box]

I vote for RCNT Island............. Everyone send donations to my paypal account, and ill get this ball rolling.

I dig it. RCNT Island...lol

I think one of the biggest problems we have is running two wars for the last 10 years. Hey lets bomb the hell out of a country then rebuild it for them. Thanks but NO. They hate us so bomb, then ____ing leave. Iraq has oil...that means they have money, let then rebuild their own damn sandbox.

How about dropping a nuke, turning the place to glass and then when it cools, send in the Marines to paint lines to turn it into the world's biggest parking lot.

I'm getting this so I can be ready for the transition.

http://www.rosettastone.com/learn-chinese

Thanks to our own government, all the soldiers who died fighting communism, must have done it in vain, since we now support Communist China. China now has the FASTEST growing economy in the history of the world.
Our nation will take a big fall because our elected leaders allowed our corporations (WalMart, especially) to move production to cheap labor in China, without imposing huge tariffs that would have made it undesirable.

Amen Brothers!!!

Buy American if ya can! It supports the jobs here!
I've been trying to do that, but it's almost impossible, since we are flooded with products from overseas.

Buy American if ya can! It supports the jobs here!
I've been trying to do that, but it's almost impossible, since we are flooded with products from overseas.

This is true. It is difficult.

I think the best way to support the american economy is probably to buy a house.