Deans connector question?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtboogie

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Another nooby question. Looking at buying a new rig that is set up to use deans ultra connectors. I am wondering is there a difference between the deans ultra and regular deans connector? I see that when looking at batteries some say the connector type is deans and some say deans U. I know any battery can have new connectors soldered on but I just want to know if they both work on anything set up for deans or not. Any info is greatly appreciated.

pretty sure they're both the same. typing in deans is a lot easier than typing deans ultra so its probably someone that is too lazy to type the ultra. i do remember though way back deans were made of a softer material, maybe the ultra is the newer version, but I've never heard of compatibility issues with deans. don't let the type of connection determine what you get, just make sure you get the best battery that suits your needs. if its not the right connector replace it for $3

Last edited:
i think they're the same also,
If you connectors thats sold as deans "style", or any other brand "style", there copies

The ones that say Ultra say they have "less resistance". But Id say their pretty much the same thing.

I didnt know there was a difference. I also thought they were the same thing.

thanks for the info guys, yes some batteries on tower say deans and then some say deans ultra. And then on the specs sheet for the vehicle it says to use batteries with Deans Ultra connectors.

theres deans (deans/deans ultra) both the same
deans micro for smaller rc's
deans style for something that looks like deans
or you can contact them to be sure at [email protected]

Last edited: