Traxxas Battery connectors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tincher32-VXL

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone quick question…So I have the Traxxas Slash vxl and was wondering if a Deans connector battery would plug into my esc or if it’s only the Traxxas id connector battery’s work..(sorry I know I worded that not so great)

You can get adapters, but it is best to just solder a new connector on the ESC.

id connector only. you will have to solder a new connector of your liking. look at the xt 90

Does the xt90 connectors work on the Traxxas charger? I know how to use manual mode in the charger but will the xt90 fit the charging port?

Hey Tincher:
- What batteries are you running in said vehicle? Traxxas, other, what plugs, separate balance plug? Etc...
- Sounds like you have a stock traxxas plug on your RC's ESC, correct?
- Which Traxxas charger do ya use?
- Want to be sure to answer correctly

Does the xt90 connectors work on the Traxxas charger? I know how to use manual mode in the charger but will the xt90 fit the charging port?
No. All that fits the traxxas charger directly are traxxas non-id/id plugs. With non-ID, you use the optional balance port as well.

For charging, using adapters is fine due to the lower current flowing through things, but on the truck, it's generally not a great idea to use adapters because the high current going through multiple connectors has a higher likelihood of causing heat issues.

Back