Deal or No Deal

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well due to constant nagging from my son,I took a chance and bought a cheap used Slash. The waterproof servo and esc have been swapped out but I'm not too worried about waterproof if it's driveable. It was $75 shipped, we'll see in few days if it was deal or no deal. :)

First thing I'm going to need is a better battery. I'm not an electric person so all I have is a few 1500 packs for my roto starts.

Dont feel bad. I still practice and run my heat races on 1500 packs, i only have one good pack, and thats for the main. It works fine for me. Hopefully its a deal for your son. He'll love it.

I got my first slash for $100 form RCEXCitement and they gave me a heck of a deal. Hold tight...you might have a good deal amd if interested I have a stock setup brand spanking new never ran for that slash. Both the waterproof esc and engine 12T. I bought them for my new slash build but just aquired a velenion brushless for it :)
pm me for a deal ;)

My Slash was delivered today. Even though I bought it used,with a Rolex job and some help from Slowngreen,it's good to go. I did find a few minor problems while cleaning and checking it over. The wires on the ESC rx plug were damaged and needed some repair. The gear cover is missing(1 hole damaged) and it has 1 of the wrong bolts in the motor mount and the side velcro mounts were torn off.

It does not have the stock waterproof electronics(I knew that when I bought it) but overall I think it's going to be fine,I just need to get my batteries charged fully. Also this is actually for my son so when programming the ESC I set it to 50% so he can get used to driving it. We ran a couple of short runs in the dark tonight but tomorrow we'll give it a full go.

Here's the before and after pics. Nothing fancy but it's ours :)

before1.JPG
after1.JPG

before2.JPG
after2.JPG

before3.JPG
after3.JPG

is it my imagination or is one side short vs the other? Looks almost like it was setup for an oval, might just be the angle but thought i would ask

It did clean up real nice Grats on the new toy !

For $100, I think you got a hell of a deal. Nice job!

Hehe, it does look like its set up for oval. What did you use to clean it? Looks great!

looks good. Thats the non water proof version sold with the rustler and bandit. That'll work just fine.

looks good. Thats the non water proof version sold with the rustler and bandit. That'll work just fine.

Actually he told me it was off of a Stampede so I knew that when buying it :)

My son got out of bed this morning and immediately did his chores then came straight to me and says"can we please run my truck now?"

So we did. We ran all 3 of my packs through it. He had a blast, got it dirty and is impatiently awaiting to run again when the packs are charged! The truck itself was a good deal,Thanks x_doug_x, but his excitement makes it a Bargain!

happykid1.JPG

Nice clean up..looks better. now spray it down with with some WD-40:cool: it help keep the dirt dirt. with do this with the 5th scales and it make it look shinny also..;)

Thats awesome Randy. Nothing like spending time with your kids in a hobby you love. The times I spend with my son runninhg his maxx are the absolute best times I have running my rcs.

Great to here you enjoy running these with your son too. I have Wed off and can't wait till my 12 year old is off the bus. We are headed to the local track to run our slash and rustlers. Cool & thanks for sharing

This is what this hobby is all about-Quality time with your kids-I have no family-more rc cars than you can shake a stick at-all full of bling,yet I watch the enjoyment a friend of mine gets running his little Duratrax buggy with his 10 year old son and ask the question-Who is the richer?
Jethro

good old fashion family fun!!

is it still running?