Dead NiMH pack

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok so I left my 5 cell hump pack turn on the other day and it was completely dead when I took it out...It will not only hold about 200mah before the charger stops and says it full.....likewise if I discharge it it only discharges about 200mah....if the pack hosed or is there some way to review it?

Only thing I know of is to cycle it and see if it can be saved. One thing I did was after my charger kicked the pack off as being full, I would let it sit for a few minutes and then restart the charger. I was able to save a couple packs by doing this and cycling them, from what I understand it's easier to save a Nimh pack vs a Nicad one. I only did the charge and then charge again thing because I didn't care if the pack was ruined being as it was already bad and I was just trying to bring it back to life. I don't think it will ever be the same but you may be able to save it, it'll just take a little time.

yeah I've cycled it a few times and its not getting any better....ill try a couple more but this one may be done for.

If you can't get it to take a decent charge at a low amperage (0.1A/100mah) it's basically shot.

Back