De-anodizing and Polishing Aluminum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uhhhh... i'm trying to do this again. not working!!

they're golden horizon parts, i believe. the parts have been sitting in the GL for the past half hour... just as blue as they started out. they're clean!! but still blue, lol.

what's going on here? ideas? small plastic coating on the outside, maybe?

Is it possible that they are powder coated instead of anodized?

Gosh damnit. I spent 20 bucks today on greesed lighting and a frigin tub, and my traxxas chassie still looks the same. The only thing it shure looks cleaner. I think I'm just going to let is sit over night and see what happens. I guess ill end up using a die grinder to get it off.

Bryson

Gosh damnit. I spent 20 bucks today on greesed lighting and a frigin tub, and my traxxas chassie still looks the same. The only thing it shure looks cleaner. I think I'm just going to let is sit over night and see what happens. I guess ill end up using a die grinder to get it off.

Bryson

This happened to me also while trying to do my HPI RS4 chassis. I also tried leaving it over night with no luck. The next morning i bought a can of Easy-Off and used a technique read up here. That being, that you apply the Easy-Off and wash it off about 5-7 seconds after. Since you dont know how thick the coating is take it easy. This will take a bit longer but be patient and you will love the result.

Well its getting there. Tonight when I got home from work it what about half way there. I think the problem is I couldnt get the industrail stuff so its a toned down solution. I think its working with time thouht.

I think the problem is I couldnt get the industrail stuff so its a toned down solution.

The first time I tried it I had the wrong one too, thats when I came back and asked SD what the bottle looked like. Once I bought the one pictured above it was fast and easy.

FYI: After I did my parts I put the used greased lighting back in a bottle, I later used it to strip the green off of some rock rings.......It can be reused but It's not as strong the second time around. It took about 15 minutes but works just as good.

Thats what my dad told me to do to, reuse the stuff anyway. After about 14 hours of soaking its about there, there are just a few spots where the blue refuse to come off. I can't get the undustrail stuff in california I dont think which sucks. Ill check when I get home form school today. Hopefully it will look ok then.

Bryson

I can't get the undustrail stuff in california I dont think which sucks

sweetdiesel lives in California, so you should be able to find it somewhere for the next time you need it. Post up some pics when it's done.

Well I knew I should have looked at lowes lol. Any way after a 18 hour soak the chassie is still baby blue in spots so tomarrow ill use a skuff pad atachment for a dremel and clean it right up like I should have done in the first place lol. Ill get pics thought.

Back