DBXL-E 2.0 vs Kraton 8S

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weap0nkil

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am buying a new RC car, and stuck between these two. I am looking for something fast, and also that can jump no problem. I am not worried about budgets either of someone has any other suggestions I just want the best of the best in a 1/5 scale :)

Go Arrma! Lots of after market support and Arrma Forum is awesome!!

Just purchased an Arama OutCast 4S, had major driveline/differential problems within first 1/2 hour of runtime. Horizon was GREAT about addressing problem and replaced with no questions. Works FANTASTIC now. I was so impressed I bought a Granite 3S and love it.....

ARRMA Outcast is best of both worlds. Just about buttetproof. I'd go with the 6s

If you are looking for a big electric 5th scale you should also consider the FID voltz.
It is slightly more expensive than arrma and dbxl-e but it has "all" options from the start. And during a full season with a lot of runtime it has been at least as durable as any other 5th scale I have had including Losi 5ive and baja 5Sc, especially the drivetrain.
It is a also a lot larger than the dbxle and kraton.
Personally i have bad experiences of the dbxl drivetrain with high power motors, but that was the gas version.
My friend have the kraton 8s. I will try to get a photo with the 8S and the Voltz.

Last edited:
Took a photo yesterday of the kraton 8S between my Fid voltz (left)and losi sbr.
The kraton is about the same size as a the 1/6th scale sbr.
20191208_095131.jpg

I own an Armma Kraton 8S in 1/5 scale; I love my car. Most people on here say get one instead of the Losi DBXL-E. In my opinion, the Losi DBXL-E is more of a “showboat“ car - it has working lights and a driver replica! There is also a difference in the motor of Armma Kraton 8S and the Losi DBXL-E. The Losi DBXL-E has a Spektrum Firma 4-Pole 780Kv Brushless Motor, and the Armma Kraton 8S has a Spektrum™ Firma™ 1250Kv Brushless Motor. You might consider the Losi motor better since it is a four pole motor, but it all depends on how you compare the two motors. The Armma draws more electricity and operates hotter than the Losi. But I am not at all disappointed with my purchase of my Armma Kraton 8S.

Tom Sisson

Back