Daughters 1st Electric

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apples

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Got a fairly cheap 1/10 truck off ebay for the daughter , lately iv'e noticed it's not quite as fast as it was when brought even with a much better battery than standard. i've checked the spur and a few other things but can't seem to see anything, but i got nitro's so not sure what to look for either?? got anything for me to help ?

More than likely the major cause of the slow down would be from bushings needing to be cleaned and oiled. It's unlikely it has bearings.

Could be a can going south on you too. Who knows how many hours are on the motor and how well it was maintained.

Ralph has a good thought too--what make and model do you have?

the brushes on them do wear, and may need to be cleaned or changed if you can. also check the bearings in the wheel and carriers.

Car is well maintained (ie cleaned every time it's taken out) so I would rule out wheel bearings etc. These brushes you speak of are they located in the motor ??? It is called a Brontosaurus (lookem up on ebay). Good car for a five year old to start with.

can you get a pic of the motor? yes they are inside it. located in the endbell.

Back