Danchee Ridgerock mods

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!
Lots of good ideas there. As far as overdrive, supposedly the front and rear motors have different part numbers, maybe that's what's happening.
I may fab up some links, lots of vids on how to do this. A good skill to know.
After I did the tummy tuck there are some areas that hang up so I'm going to fab up a skid plate.
I'm going to replace the ESC with a Hobbywing QuicRun WP 880 and the TX/RX with a DumboRC X6PM-350. I'll use a Bastens Quadsteer to get 4WD switching.
I've got the metal gear set, going to wait to replace the plastic ones when (if) they give out.
I like how low the body is on that with caged in
If you have any Goodwills or thrift stores near you check them out. I got both of these there, lot of others styles will fit.
PXL_20240202_143045516-EDIT.jpg

Last edited:
I did it just like the guy on YouTube, can’t remember the name though. He is really good dude to watch, you probably have. But you break gears hubs, well anything that will break will, but you definitely find all weak points.
I like the sounds of what your doing to the danchee. Yours will definitely be a beast.
I think you’re doing the advice giving here.
Can’t wait to see the end result. 👍🏼

Last edited:
First time buying a used RC- got another Ridgerock minus body and battery from FB marketplace for $40. Everything works, good shape with normal wear. Best thing is the guy is a crawler fan! Now I have someone to go crawl with. Anybody else in the St. Pete area chime in- looking for other RC fans to run with.
PXL_20240205_233604522.jpg

First time buying a used RC- got another Ridgerock minus body and battery from FB marketplace for $40. Everything works, good shape with normal wear. Best thing is the guy is a crawler fan! Now I have someone to go crawl with. Anybody else in the St. Pete area chime in- looking for other RC fans to run with.
View attachment 180889
Can’t beat that price. Would’ve bought it too.

Found a 💲bonus! Eight nickels taped on the front servo and four on the rear. 60 cent discount.
I think I'll use the yellow buggy body on this one.
Thats the money for the next one you buy.
They must know the hobby. 😂

Did the cheep mods on the new (used) Ridgerock.
Tummy tuck.
Pen spring mod on shocks with shock keys.
12mm wheel hex extenders.
relocated ESC to upper front of battery tray.
Yellow body mounted up (it hinges from the rear).
All that's left is extending the motor/servo wires and fabbing up some tube high clearance links.
It came with 1.9 wheels, I may add some 2.2s with bigger tires.
Really digging these cheap simple rigs!
They're multiplying...🐰🐰
PXL_20240207_225220855-EDIT.jpg
PXL_20240207_225238124-EDIT.jpg
PXL_20240207_225322347-EDIT.jpg
PXL_20240207_230340611-EDIT.jpg
PXL_20240207_230256389-EDIT.jpg
PXL_20240207_230208356-EDIT.jpg

Did the cheep mods on the new (used) Ridgerock.
Tummy tuck.
Pen spring mod on shocks with shock keys.
12mm wheel hex extenders.
relocated ESC to upper front of battery tray.
Yellow body mounted up (it hinges from the rear).
All that's left is extending the motor/servo wires and fabbing up some tube high clearance links.
It came with 1.9 wheels, I may add some 2.2s with bigger tires.
Really digging these cheap simple rigs!
They're multiplying...🐰🐰
View attachment 181025View attachment 181026View attachment 181027View attachment 181028View attachment 181029View attachment 181030
Ok, so they're pretty. Let's see them crawl!

Sweet, you got these danchee’s looking great,
👍🏼👍🏼
I made the high clearance links once with all thread, teflon tubing, and traxxas link ends, but went with the Everest 10 links instead because they just looked better, if I used different color tubing, I used white, probably would have looked better. Someone seen them on my truck and bought them for $20. 🤪
What you’re doing is another level, will look just like you bought them. Can’t wait to see the progress.

Looks like a couple of spiders about to rumble! 🤣 sometimes a good beater project is just what the doctor ordered. :thumbs-up:

Let's see them crawl!
Building up a track in the backyard. They get run most every day.
sometimes a good beater project is just what the doctor ordered.
Got that right. After working on SCX24s the fasteners seem huge... and all the room!

Did some measuring to look into alternate links, most say to use Everest 10 lower ones.
Stock are 135mm lowers and 110mm uppers, front and rear are the same.
Found out that Axial SCX10 II links are close, with the rear and front sets different lengths.
Lowers are 130mm front and 138mm rear.
Uppers are now 4 link and are 120mm front and 112mm rear. (measurements are mounting hole to mounting hole).
they are stainless and weigh 150 grams for all eight (factory plastic ones are 38 grams).
With a little finessing they mounted up nicely, with an additional 8mm extension in the rear.
I had to mount the uppers upside down to clear the chassis.
Nice thing is you get all eight links plus two steering links for $16- much cheaper than the Everest 10 ones and cheaper than I could fab some up.
Axial SC10 links
Next is to fab up an aluminium skid plate and work out the steering links and servo savers.
PXL_20240213_004119286.jpg
PXL_20240213_004129582.jpg
PXL_20240213_004151116.jpg