Dale Jr. joining up with Hendrick?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home and heard the news,looks like kyle will take the #5 over to dei and JR will get to keep the #8,the sponsors will follow the driver thank god:w00t: :w00t: so there we have hendrix will now be the best team in nascar!!!!!!!! this is a quote from JR today"Gordon will now have no excuess because now they will be in the same cars lololololololo and it will just raise the bar,I love it lets go racing boyzzzzzzzzz oh and gordon jk lolololo

Last edited:
Dude... where did you hear that? I have not seen anything to that effect yet.

Tom

The 6;00 news fox,and other threads...I love what he said...now gordon and I will be in the same cars lets see what happens now the bar will just rise :trout:

Thankyou, I hate to say I told ya so!:thefinger

Last edited:
Thankyou, I hate to say I told ya so!:thefinger

hahahahahahahhhaha:goodpost: :marshall: now jr can race for a killer team like his dad did when he drove for hendrix motorsports back in the 80s hendrix and jr back some time,I wish he could have gone to rcr but I can understand why he did not,after loosing my dad 1 1/2 years ago I could not imagine him seeing all his dads things in the race shop and hearing about it day in and day out,he needed to go where he can just be a race car driver on his own,and he will never race the #3 car I hope thats was his dads # and needs to stay that way......

Last edited:
Just got home and heard the news,looks like kyle will take the #5 over to dei and JR will get to keep the #8,the sponsors will follow the driver thank god

Darn, looks like I might be eating crow for dinner...joneser4u maybe dreams do come true LOL.

I know you guys think I hate Jr the truth is I don't hate him I just don't respect him as a driver. I loved watching Sr race....He demanded respect when he drove. I have no doubt that racing against Sr helped Gordon learn to drive the way he does.

The 6;00 news fox,and other threads...I love what he said...now gordon and I will be in the same cars lets see what happens now the bar will just rise :trout:

I don't think the cars will make that big of a difference, it's the way HMS is ran that will be the biggest benefit IMO.....Example, Other teams were pissed that they went out and practiced with the COT on non Cup series tracks, but they all had the same opportunity but didn't take advantage of it, thats why they are on top right now.

Last edited:
I don't think the cars will make that big of a difference, it's the way HMS is ran that will be the biggest benefit IMO.....Example, Other teams were pissed that they went out and practiced with the COT on non Cup series tracks, but they all had the same opportunity but didn't take advantage of it, thats why they are on top right now.

I thought it was because they all watched re-runs of Ellen before each race! LOL

Tom

I too was/am a die hard Sr. fan,after, you know,I didnt watch nascar for a couple of years,more like 4 years? I had been watching with my dad since I can remember,when I was in grade school and the teacher asked"what do you wanna be when you grow up" I wanted to be a nascar driver! Dale Jr. was my pic naturally when I started back to watching, And he runs the show,Tony Jr listens to Dale Jr! Most drivers listen to there crew chief,not Dale Jr. Dad started him out with a wrench in his hand,he knows these cars inside out and drives them to boot.No matter where he goes,hes gonna get what he wants.And everybody knows why.

Last edited:
hahahahahahahhhaha:goodpost: :marshall: now jr can race for a killer team like his dad did when he drove for hendrix motorsports back in the 80s hendrix and jr back some time,I wish he could have gone to rcr but I can understand why he did not,after loosing my dad 1 1/2 years ago I could not imagine him seeing all his dads things in the race shop and hearing about it day in and day out,he needed to go where he can just be a race car driver on his own,and he will never race the #3 car I hope thats was his dads # and needs to stay that way......

I don't remember Dale Sr. driving for Hendrick Motorsports..

well hendrix and the Dale Sr go way back,and this is why jr is going there at rcr it would have been just to much for him to here and be around his dads stuff every day,at hendrix he can be his on man!!!!!!!!!!

Dale Sr. drove the first stock car that Hendrick ever fielded and won Hendrick's first stock car race, a Busch Series race @ Charlotte in 1983.

Tom

I knew somebody here would come up with some facts of sr and hendrix in the start....:contract:

any news on the # and sponsor jr will go with in 2008???:thumbup:

I haven't heard anything yet. I know all of the Jr fans really want the #8 and Bud together but it would be cool to see the #25 bud car again.

Nothing yet... I think it will be a little while before things get ironed out on the number sponsorship issue.

Tom

There was an interview with Darrell Waltrip somewhere and it went on to say that it prolly wasn't going to be Buttwiper but another drink. I have a feeling it may be Gatorade. Con man already has the affiliation with pukey Poopsi and gatorade is unfortunately owned by them. Also it would be a tie-in with the interview with DW since he drove for Gatorade for some years.

Ok here is the deal I just got tickets to go to the races sunday I will just have to ask JR what the real deal is in person I guess lolololo I m pretty stoked we get to sit up in turn three great seats:p: :p:

I once made a comment in the pits that pissed off several of the drivers SO much, that they decided to come after me. No problem, I just made a right.

Back