Dale Jr. joining up with Hendrick?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvickj

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
ESPN Article

A surprising move. It was just a guess but I thought he was going to go with RCR. Sounds like Kyle Busch will be looking for a new team to make room for Junior. Hendrick Racing has been very dominate this season. Adding Junior will only help strengthen their program.

ESPN Article

A surprising move. It was just a guess but I thought he was going to go with RCR. Sounds like Kyle Busch will be looking for a new team to make room for Junior. Hendrick Racing has been very dominate this season. Adding Junior will only help strengthen their program.

WELL WELL all I can say is I told ya all lololololollolololo:jittery:

It's not a done seal yet.....I hope.

I dunno. I don't believe any of this crap untill we get the final word. It just doesn't make sense to oust Busch... he's had enough success to warrant keeping him aboard. If that's the deal then that's the deal but it still doesn't seem like the right fit. I still vote Gibbs.

that makes 2 of us... although I'm a JR fan... just not a Hendrick fan.
well if it is true it will be great I can go race rcs on sunday because we will know whos going to win lolololol,na nascar will not be the same it will lbe like super cross a one team deal,,,just my 2 cents

I'm all good with it.
For 2 reasons.

First, it will make Hendrick the pinnacle team in Nascar. Casey Mears is definitely up and coming and works well within the program. Jr. will work great with JJ and Gordo. I would expect him to come out swinging first race of the year.

Second, I'm happy as hell to see Busch go. He might be able to marginally drive a car (face it, he's seen more walls than checkered flags this year). But he's a douche. It's a rare occurance that he's not bitching and moaning about something in an interview. He's a loose canon only surpassed by Johnny Montoya. C'ya Bushy....

Well I guess I can stop watching NASCAR now. If this is true I am giving up. I will never root for Hendrick and if Jr goes, he becomes the enemy. It would be like Cal Ripken Jr going to play for the Yankees... just aint right. My worst fear is coming true.

Tom

Damn, Tom. Sorry to say this, but that has to be the Drama Queen of the Month post. All a matter of perspective I suppose. But he wants to win. And he wants to win now. HMS will give him all the tools he needs to do that. Without all the other stress. Yeah, he could also be successful at RCR or Gibbs. But in the end, he'll decide what will put him in the position he wants to be in. Considering the territory, I still think it was a damn good choice.

Damn, Tom. Sorry to say this, but that has to be the Drama Queen of the Month post. All a matter of perspective I suppose. But he wants to win. And he wants to win now. HMS will give him all the tools he needs to do that. Without all the other stress. Yeah, he could also be successful at RCR or Gibbs. But in the end, he'll decide what will put him in the position he wants to be in. Considering the territory, I still think it was a damn good choice.

Ouch. That hurts....

But I guess I can see how you came to that conclusion. I am very passionate about NASCAR and after Sr died I was lucky enough to have an Earnhardt to root for. NASCAR has never been the same since. I guess I got my heart to involved here, and need to realize that this is just a business and Jr is doing what he wants/feels he needs to do. Hendrick is a convicted criminial and I can't respect him or what he stands for. I think what Hendrick is doing to Kyle Busch sucks, and even though I am not a fan of his, still believe that he is getting bum deal. I personally would not want to work for someone who dumps you for the next best thing. It is going to be real hard to root for Jr, driving the 5 Kelloggs car. Just doesn't have the same ring as the 8 Bud car.

Tom

Last edited:
This is all true,I wish somebody would step up and make a go of JR motor sports that would be the best,jr want to win and he is going where the money is to do this....lets hope the bud sponsor and the # 8 will at least find its way over to where ever he lands....man we all miss sr:yes:

didnt the link say he would be taking kyles place in the 5?

Yes it sure did but we still can hope till tomarow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lurk:

I've drifted away from NASCAR over the last few year's and this is a bigger push. F1 is my game anyway.

Second, I'm happy as hell to see Busch go. He might be able to marginally drive a car (face it, he's seen more walls than checkered flags this year). But he's a douche. It's a rare occurance that he's not bitching and moaning about something in an interview.

It must run in the family :ahem:

IMO when a Kyle Busch left Texas Motor Speedway while his team was still doing repairs to his car he burned a bridge that will not be repaired...It pissed off his fans and everyone at HMS. It's also the first day Jr drove a Hendricks car......It's all Kyles fault!

Back