Dakar Graphics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Today I used more of my matte black vinyl to spruce up the new Traxxas Trx4m Land Rover Defender with some Dakar rally graphics. Put the logo on the hood, and splash graphics on the sides. Cutting vinyl this finely detailed is a challenge at these smaller scales.
PSX_20221122_152737.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!

Still looks pretty stock. How does it run out of the box?
Not bad, I haven't given it a real workout yet, only played with it in the house and at the office.

I want to add the lower gearing though. The low end needs a little less speed and a little more tork so it's not as jumpy when it needs a little boost to get over an obstacle.

I also want the light kit, because it will improve performance at least 30% 🤣

Furitek I highly recommend the Stinger. The low end is incredible with zero jumping when you touch the trigger.

Furitek I highly recommend the Stinger. The low end is incredible with zero jumping when you touch the trigger.
For now I'm trying not to run amok with upgrades, but later on I might consider something like that. Want to let this one get upgraded as needed instead of going crazy like I did with some of the Scx24's.

My FMS FCX24 runs pretty good out of the box and I have kept it reasonable in the upgrades dept. And it's a fun rig too. I think every brand I've tried has needed a little extra weight in the front for crawling, I'm sure the Trx4m will be the same.

Back