Cush Drive on Slash 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingKeif

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Sorry if this has already been asked. Has anyone made a Cush Drive fit on a Slash 4x4? I have a 6s slash (build thread to come) with a slipper eliminator but I would rather have a Cush drive to save my driveline.

*Grabs lighter* Kush what?! Traxxas come out with a new strain?! 🤣

doing some slight reading about 4 hours worth. traxxas does have a few have fun..I think it will work..not making a bud joke but loved Maui wowie back in the days 1979 to be exact...

I looked throughout the day. I found the erevo does, and the xmaxx. If the tranny was more open like the 2wd, the revo one may be made to work.

The nitros seem to have a different style that looks like tiny clutch pads.

I'm assuming you went to the slipper eliminator because of slipping?

Last edited:
I looked throughout the day. I found the erevo does, and the xmaxx. If the driveshaft didnt travel throught the spur, the revo one may be made to work.

The nitros seem to have a different style that looks like tiny clutch pads.

I'm assuming you went to the slipper eliminator because of slipping?
Yes, I mostly run it on 4s and sometimes on 6s. It destroyed the slipper assembly and a Robinson Racing one so I just put the eliminator on it. I just learned about the Cush Drive and I like the idea of it and want one for the Slash. I know the eliminator is terrible for my drive train so I would like to install one before I start breaking things.

Yes, I mostly run it on 4s and sometimes on 6s. It destroyed the slipper assembly and a Robinson Racing one so I just put the eliminator on it. I just learned about the Cush Drive and I like the idea of it and want one for the Slash. I know the eliminator is terrible for my drive train so I would like to install one before I start breaking things.
Let me know if you figure anything out. I wouldn't mind trying one as well.

So @Chubaka are you saying the E-Revo one fits?

Let me know if you figure anything out. I wouldn't mind trying one as well.

So @Chubaka are you saying the E-Revo one fits?

I found the erevo has one, and by looking, looks like it may be able to fit. If I get a new motor and esc, I may buy the parts and try!

I found the erevo has one, and by looking, looks like it may be able to fit. If I get a new motor and esc, I may buy the parts and try!
I finally found the manual. That looks like the X-Maxx one.

Go with a center diff. That's what I run in my slashpede. I run 4S in it with a blx185/blx4074 2050kv system and it does really well. I have MIP x-duty axles, tekno big bone center shaft and I replaced the diff cups with the e-revo/x-01 internals to have the i-bar and xpin supported with steel inserts.

I had the v1 center diff for a while with the FLM cup and HR steel spur, but the cup wore out. Then I got the v2 center diff with alloy cup that traxxas makes. It's a very beefy unit. The Hoss comes with the plastic version of it, but if you run 4S/6S, I'd suggest just getting the retail one that has the alloy cup.
https://traxxas.com/products/parts/6780

2021-0511-stampede-centerDiff-HR-FLM-vs-TRX6780.jpg

I run 500K in it and it helps calm wheelies down, but will still dump power to whatever end has the least grip on rough landings. I recently put sledgehammer tires/wheels on it and it's a blast to drive. Wish it was an inch or so wider, but I don't want super wide hubs as then I'll just start snapping axles off. I have HR +10mm 12->17mm hubs on it now. I had to cut my body up some (probodyrc body) so the tires didn't rub. It's a bit wider than a stock stampede body, but it's also longer and fits the slash chassis pretty good.
2021-0927-stampede-sledgehammers-side-frontHigh-electronics.jpg

Go with a center diff. That's what I run in my slashpede. I run 4S in it with a blx185/blx4074 2050kv system and it does really well. I have MIP x-duty axles, tekno big bone center shaft and I replaced the diff cups with the e-revo/x-01 internals to have the i-bar and xpin supported with steel inserts.

I had the v1 center diff for a while with the FLM cup and HR steel spur, but the cup wore out. Then I got the v2 center diff with alloy cup that traxxas makes. It's a very beefy unit. The Hoss comes with the plastic version of it, but if you run 4S/6S, I'd suggest just getting the retail one that has the alloy cup.

2021-0511-stampede-centerDiff-HR-FLM-vs-TRX6780.jpg

I run 500K in it and it helps calm wheelies down, but will still dump power to whatever end has the least grip on rough landings. I recently put sledgehammer tires/wheels on it and it's a blast to drive. Wish it was an inch or so wider, but I don't want super wide hubs as then I'll just start snapping axles off. I have HR +10mm 12->17mm hubs on it now. I had to cut my body up some (probodyrc body) so the tires didn't rub. It's a bit wider than a stock stampede body, but it's also longer and fits the slash chassis pretty good.
2021-0927-stampede-sledgehammers-side-frontHigh-electronics.jpg
How strong is the center diff? I usually run mine on 3s but I do run 4/6s every so often and didn't want my center diff to explode from power it was not meant to take.

How strong is the center diff? I usually run mine on 3s but I do run 4/6s every so often and didn't want my center diff to explode from power it was not meant to take.
This one has been holding up just fine:

I run 500K in it and it does pretty good on 4S. Helps calm the wheelies a bit.