Crystals, what channel?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCDad

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm looking at the crystals available and it's like; channel 1, 2, 3, etc. Which one or does it matter?

buy as many as you can of any number....or buy an FM set that will be able to use that new spektrum module......

27 MHz ar channels 1-6

75 Mhz is 61-90

AM -don't know

Here is a frequency chart from Futaba. It lists the channel number and frequency for each number. If you're getting crystals, make sure it's AM or FM. Also make sure you use the same frequency that your radio came on or at least something very close. Usually transmitters are tuned in factory to work best at the frequency they're shipped on.

So it doesn't matter what channel.

just frequency type and range

Just make sure the crystal is compatible with your radio and receiver. I tried putting a Futaba crystal in an airtronics when I first started racing, not knowing they're not interchangeable. Didn't do that again!

It didn't burn up the crystals, just wouldn't send the signal because of incompatability. I still use those crystals today in my backup radio.

Back