Can Anyone Explain Channel Mixing and what the settings mean?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerold

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I have a RadioLink RC6GSV2 and a TRX4 (with 2-speed and F/R lockers). The goal is to mix ch5/6 to control the front/rear lockers similar to the factory TQI settings, via SWB, which is a 3-way switch.

This is the desired behavior. Note the orientation of the Servos are mirrored.
1681684695368.png

Exocaged did a version and it's good but it's not exactly what I was looking for.

What
  • Is there a procedure for setting this stuff up?
  • Is the master/slave relationship?
  • Does up/down mean with respect to master/slave or the channels?
  • What does the second PMIX do?
  • What happens if I engage a channel that is mixed via another switch?
TIA

possibilities are endless, I have a quick demo on how I used mixing with my Radiolink system here:

I don't cover exactly what you need to do, but should be self explanatory for you to experiment with to meet your needs

I think I have it figured out. It took some trial and error.

The 3-way switch thinks as in Right - Neutral - Left.
1681742169438.png

I first setup CH5 as rear, CH6 as front. But it can be any channel then assign the function under the AUX menu. Also because of the mirrored orientation I need to change one of the channels to be reverse.
  • CH5 - Rear Locker - SWC - NOR
  • CH6 - Front Locker - SWB - REV
The next thing is to setup each channel individually. Since it's Rt/N/Lft I needed to set one EPA to 0. By setting it to 0% it removes one side of the 3 position and it becomes a binary switch with Rt/N or it acts like Rt/Lft. Also the rear locker needed some centering and it's at -50.
  • CH5 - Rear Locker - SWC - NOR - EPA 76%/0% - SubTrim 0
  • CH6 - Front Locker - SWB - REV - EPA 94%/0% - SubTrim -50
1681742277514.png

1681742271564.png

Now when I operate each SWC/B independently the locker servos move through their normal range of motion.

Setting up the mix (PMIX01) is really just assigning the channels and making sure the they are right direction. I'm still not 100% clear on what it does other than activate another channel when the master channel is active.
[PMIX01]
MXMD: ON
UP :+100 MST :CH6
DOWN: +100 SLV :CH5

CH6 is the master meaning SWB controls that first. In the all the way back setting CH6 is open diffs. The middle is CH6 only and the front is locked. The last position CH5 is also engaged at 100%, meaning both front and rear are locked.
1681741835136.png

Now for the bonus. If I engage the rear locker (SWC) it only engages the rear. If I then turn on the front locker with SWC, I get both F/R lockers. Moving SWC to the last position has no effect. In other words I now have the ability to independently control both lockers and still have the one-switch operation of the original remote.

There are some little things to work out,like position 0 & 1 of SWC do nothing and posistion 3 of SWC engauges the rear locker. Ideally it would engage at position 1, but it's not critical. Also I might need to tweak the endpoints or sub trim just a bit. I hear buzzing (not a good sound?) when they are initially engaged.