Crawler question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Ninja 34

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Was just wondering- Which is better, the Exceed maxstone or mad crawler? I understand that they are not quality trucks, just wanted to know which one is better?? Thanks!:D

Neither. Save up and get a more reputable brand. You'll save money in the long run.

Honestly, neither. As you know they are not quality crawlers. But if I had to choose one I think the max stone LOOKS cooler. The axial AX10 only runs about $150 for the kit and then if you want to get away cheaply you can get some lower end electronics but it will still kill any of the Crawlers you listed. I would look into the AX-10

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

Alright, i will look into it. Where are you finding 150? I found $309 lol

That's going to be hard. 1.) do you have any battery's? Because the kit doesn't come with ANY electronics. But as said earlier in the thread, you will be kicking your self if you choose to buy a cheap low end rc vs. spending a little more to get a dependable crawler

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Also Losi has a crawler that a lot of people love. It is a RTR so you don't need anything but the truck. It is $50 over your budget but it is a great vehicle.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...e=google_ext&gclid=CPXy3b7RkbUCFYpDMgodw3EAIg

The Ridgecrest is a solid entry level rig IMO that is affordable ($300) and only needs a battery ($25ish for a cheap NI battery with wall charger) to be a true RTR. It comes with a set of AR60 axles which have a ton of aftermarket and its from Axial who have the crawler market cornered and produce many solid rigs. IMO - save a couple extra $ and invest in a rig that will keep goin and goin. The Exceeds, Redcats, ACME's of the world typically break the first time out and offer little to no support for replacing your broken parts.

Any rtr axial will do you better than a cheapie, I'd go with an ax10 or scx10.

Any rtr axial will do you better than a cheapie, I'd go with an ax10 or scx10.

100%. You'll be far happier that you did. A quick trip to the LHS and a few dollars will net you parts, too. They are great starter rigs, and can even be built into comp rigs.

Well, the AX-10 anyway. The SCX-10 isn't really a crawler, but a scale rig for trail rides and the like. It can crawl but that isn't it's strong point.

Back