Couple of little jobs done on the Bugsta

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stigtheone

RCTalk Talkaholic
Active Military
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
As I had a little bit of time to kill today, I decided to knock a couple of small jobs off the bugsta list...
First was the grub screw had loosened in the front diff input shaft so had no FWD.
Good excuse to strip open the front diff and remove all the rock hard chinesium grease that had gone like toffee. 🤮 Used some lithium grease I use for CV joints to lube it.
Also bought a set of O rings a while back for the diffs, as when I stripped the rear off and did the same grease job I'd exposed one of the rubber O rings to a solvent it didn't like 😅
Thought I'd use them on the front and leaves me one to replace the damaged one in the rear later.
Of course like an idiot, I never thought to take a few pics as I did it apart from the diff to make sure I put it all back correctly 🤦‍♂️
Now she just needs all the dried mud, grass and leaves removing and she's ready for her new battery and charger coming 🤣 🤣
I quite like the look of it too if I'm honest, its fun to blast on a grass field and keeps the kids entertained/arguing with each other so that's good too lol 😆
Have a good night peeps 🤘🤪

Attachments

• 20220131_232029.jpg
    20220131_232029.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 20220131_232014.jpg
    20220131_232014.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220131_155741.jpg
    20220131_155741.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 32
Neat looking buggy. New 4wd tear dows get to me. Exploded views are a life saver.

Neat looking buggy. New 4wd tear dows get to me. Exploded views are a life saver.
I'm a mechanic by trade so I am usually good at this kind of thing, but it helps to have the manual handy just incase bud haha
Awesome color. :)
Cheers bud much better than the blue imo!
That's a pretty wicked looking lil guy. I love bugs!
Thanks wicked mate I'm happy with it 😊
Very cool lookin', the Bugsta looks like fun.
Cheers Doom, it's a cool little motor and it's defo fun to blast on the fields! Gonna take it up the old bmx dirt track once I've got the new charger!

Back