Converting RCGT10 into electric, need motor/ESC options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ck_32

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I’ve been out of the game for some years. I built a RCGT 10 as a kid with my dad which didn’t get used much. Got out of RC for about a decade after that.

I got back into it about 5 years ago and picked up a Losi SCTE 2.0.

Well since gas tracks are non existent around my area and I don’t miss nitro and everything that went with it. I’m converting my GT10 to electric. I already bought the adapter plate.

But it’s going to be a light basher for the most part, we have small bike jumps down the street from my house I’ll probably hit with my neighbor. Maybe see one track once in its life. My Losi is full race spec with at the time the best Tekin RX8 motor and ESC and + all the carbon goodies.

I’d like to keep this motor ESC on a budget but make it fast enough to be fun. I’d like to stay under if not as close to $100 for a decent ESC and motor. Any suggestions?

In my opinion, turn it into a shelf queen, what you have is a rare RC with super expensive parts. I looked on ebay and RPM front arms are $25! The parts are super expensive, it isn’t worth it to bash it in my opinion. You could use it as it’s intended and do whatever you want with it, it’s your RC.

Last edited:
In my opinion, turn it into a shelf queen, what you have is a rare RC with super expensive parts. I looked on ebay and RPM front arms are $25! The parts are super expensive, it isn’t worth it to bash it in my opinion. You could use it as it’s intended and do whatever you want with it, it’s your RC.
I’ve tried selling it for the last 10 years and nobody wanted it. I got most low ball insulting offers for $25 to $50…

I’ll think about it tho. I’d love to sell it to someone who could appreciate it more than me and help me fund a crappy basher to keep me from ruining my SCTE 10 haha

I’ve tried selling it for the last 10 years and nobody wanted it. I got most low ball insulting offers for $25 to $50…

I’ll think about it tho. I’d love to sell it to someone who could appreciate it more than me and help me fund a crappy basher to keep me from ruining my SCTE 10 haha
Do you have pics? I could give you an honest price for it. If it is in good shape, and is complete, I would clean it up and put it on a shelf as well. The older RC10's were near the cream of the crop back in the day. I had a couple, and absolutely loved them. They had racing heritage, and were World champs in various classes at certain times. As pug said though, finding parts for them now can be a little challenging and pricey, but not impossible.

Back