Converting Mpegs to Dvd format

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroking

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am looking to convert Mpeg files to dvd format.
Is there a program out there to convert Mpeg and wmv formats over to a dvd format?So the videos will able to play on a dvd player.

check on here as they have lots of programs to do anything video related and good site for other useful info and dvd player reviews that explain what DVD players can play what formats http://www.videohelp.com/

I use Dazzle Digital Video Creator which has the program Movie Star 5. Drag and drop the clips, then render and create a VCD.
It also comes with a usb hardware interface to get VHS or S-VHS into or out of the computer.
It will do .mpegs and .Avi files, but not .Wmv clips. If anyone knows of a free download to convert a .wmv to .mpg or .avi, let me know.

Ok thanks..And for this what type of cd do i need?Will a Sony Cd-r Audio disk work? Or Do i need a special kind?

Rolex where would i be able to find that program you use?

Last edited:
Dazzle Video Creator was at Circuit City and Best Buy. If you don't need the hardware interface for video tape transfer, you might be able to buy just the program for less.
Mine was $169 with the interface.
Any quality brand name disk works fine. I had problems with CDs of 50 on a spindle. Some worked, some didn't. With Sony or Memorex, I had no issues.

I am using Winavi:-

WinAVI Video Converter is a ALL-IN-ONE solution for video file converting and burning. It supports convert:

AVI to DVD
AVI to MPEG
AVI to VCD
AVI to MPG
All video format to DVD/VCD/SVCD/MPEG
All video format to AVI/WMV/RM
Quicktime MOV convert
Flash to DVD with sound Only in world
DirectAC3 technology Only in world
Burning vcd/svcd/dvd

More info: go to Winavi website

I used Sonic DVD ... it was pretty much idiot proof excuse the expression.
There might be some free stuff out there but this worked without even looking at a manual. http://www.sonic.com/

Well i got WinAvi,and i converted my files to burn, i got a pack of Sony DVD+R 120min,4.7 GB/GO 1x-4x speed compatible. And when i go to burn the pack of converted files it wont read that there is a disk in the burner?
and it seems like the burner dont even try to read it like it is a foriegn disk or sumthin.

Last edited: