conversion nitro to electric

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSPGuy2190

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
conversion nitro to electric

is it possible? :\

---------- Post added at 1:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:09 AM ----------

any any links to help would be great

---------- Post added at 1:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:11 AM ----------

iv got a 1/10 nitro anyone know any links to brushless conversion kits

---------- Post added at 1:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:22 AM ----------

found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-ESC-540-...sGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4d00a3e785

not giving up but i just wanna see if i can or could convert the car to brushless if its possible

---------- Post added at 2:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:54 AM ----------

so iv been told the clutch spring is broken cuz the back wheels spin full speed when the car starts and iv noticed the front wheels do the same , is this normal? or is there more of an issue then just the clutch spring , i thought the clutch spring with for when the car hits second gear it opens up for the gear to change

HSPGuy- men don't give up once you overcome this problems, and you solved it through some advice, I'll tell you and I am sure you will be proud of your self. Almost all guys in nitro world pass this stage, and even the veterans sometimes always ask other people advice about nitro. this is a learning process everyday.

You should really sit back and think about what you want to do with your rig. Most everyone here (at least the long standing members) will happily help you out with every question. You have asked several different questions in several different sections and going different directions with our rig.

That and the fact that it's the middle of the night here in the USA where I'd say 95%+ of the members on the site are located. Relax. Your questions will get answered. I'm not trying to be a d-bag. Just being honest with ya. If you think I am, oh well, I don't really give a crap.

Well now add another $40 - $60 for a battery and you've probably spent more than the car is worth. You will need a motor mount too. You would probably be better off to just go buy an electric car. But you should keep all your nitro parts so you can go back to it after you realize that electric powered RC's are pretty boring. You won't be able to terrorize the neighbors and their kids and dogs with something that sounds like a sewing machine.

just buy another electric car. i did and I'm happy i did, when one breaks i have a backup to play with. unless i break both then i have to fork out twice as much money :p but the play time is there :)

dont do it, if you want an elec rig, buy an elec rig......dont kill the nitro aspect of your r/c you will regret it.

imo the noise and smoke are all part of the fun for me! elec are fine if thats your thing but it would bore the hell out of me having nothing to fix/tinker with!

plus the last time i had an elec rig it went up in smoke! i dug out my 1/10 viper, plugged in the charger and poof, it was gone! lol that was the elec killer for me, i had £100's invested in it and 90% was not standard, my grandad hand made most of the parts inc chassis with cnc shock supports custom made locally. if i can find my old memory card i will show some pics of it, will make you have wet dreams :D:hehe:

Last edited:
Back