conversion kits for the hpi

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coactjet

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone knew who make the conversion kits for the hpi savage to turn it into a twin nitro engine. Thanks in advanced!

They did and are long discontinued. They pop up on ebay for outrageous prices. I think it's the hpi truckzilla.

I actually have an older savage xl I'm looking at building up as a twin.

Yes, long discontinued, at the time it was the hpi sister brand hot bodies that listed them. I think it was for two.21 engines. If you want less hassle and more power, drop in an lrp .32. Two nitro engines adds so much more fitting and then the tuning. But for the cool factor it's irresistible!

Yes, long discontinued, at the time it was the hpi sister brand hot bodies that listed them. I think it was for two.21 engines. If you want less hassle and more power, drop in an lrp .32. Two nitro engines adds so much more fitting and then the tuning. But for the cool factor it's irresistible!
But the pissed off wasp sounds is priceless.🤣

Wow I forgot about those. Any pics around nowadays of those

They now have adapter to mount 5b baja wheels and another company has a baja gas motor mount conversion kit.
The wheel adapters I've seen, the short lived savage 5t had them, a really stretched savage xl with the 5t body on it, and it was electric only. I just had a jaw drop moment thinking of a big gas engine in a savage, then my eyes popped out emigining a Taylor big block. But I think some dreams are best in your head. Lol

My savage x with the .32 lrp is of the charts with power, and I can barely tune it lean enough to get to a good running temp while keeping it on its wheels, a gas big block would just be crazy

The wheel adapters I've seen, the short lived savage 5t had them, a really stretched savage xl with the 5t body on it, and it was electric only. I just had a jaw drop moment thinking of a big gas engine in a savage, then my eyes popped out emigining a Taylor big block. But I think some dreams are best in your head. Lol

My savage x with the .32 lrp is of the charts with power, and I can barely tune it lean enough to get to a good running temp while keeping it on its wheels, a gas big block would just be crazy
Gonna have to look up the savvy 5t

Still learning on Taylor. Below is a savage xl with a 29cc baha motor. I'm sure a taylor would fit.

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/turned-my-savage-xl-into-a-gasser.20528/

I'm thinking of putting an lrp .28 or .32 in my xl before I make it a twin motor.

Back