Considering an E-Slayer conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KROGOTH

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Alrighty. I know I've written trash talking Electric, and I still dont care for it....

...but I'm already considering converting my Slayer to an E-Slayer due to the simple fact that fuel is so hard to get our here in Iraq. The huge pricetag associated with the conversion is the only thing stopping me at the moment. That and the fact that I know as soon as I drop the $400+, my fuel will arrive the next day.

But thats besides the point. So far, I'm thinking of going with the Tekno brushless conversion kit, and a Mamba Monster ESC+Neu Castle motor, keeping the mechanical brakes (using my 3PM channel mixing), and probably taking the leap into using LiPo batteries. Need to find a way to sell my old 7.2v charger if I do that though...seeing as I probably wont need it anymore.

I really dont care to convert to electric but right now it seems to be my only way to run my Slayer. Rest assured I will keep all the nitro stuff in a box ready to drop it back in place once I'm stateside.

So my main reason for post at the moment is I need a recommendation for a good LiPo battery and a good all around charger. One good for 6v receiver batteries, NiMH 7.2v and LiPo. Possibly with a discharger function as well.

Check out the Hyperion chargers. I use the ac/dc one and love it.
buy your lipo's from www.hobby-lobby.com just search for enerland.

if you are looking to drop 400, why not sell the slayer for a few hundred and then grab a savage flux with the mmm setup already in it?

Why? Cause I love my Slayer. Its a beautiful piece of technology I say. I think I have a source of fuel now though, just have to wait and see if this package from my friend makes it to me or not.

Plus anything I buy to use with an E-Slayer conversion (LiPo's and such) can be used with my Bandit once it gets its own brushless motor, and when I get back to the states and make the Slayer a nitro again, I will have an ESC/Motor ready to be used with whatever I buy next. 1/8 scale buggies are looking quite lucrative but I have enough stuff to maintain out here at the moment. lol.

Just an idea but what about getting a e-revo chassis/tranny set up and just bolt up your slayer suspenion and what ever you need to make it work, then you have a place for every thing and the tranny is ready for the brushless set up. a couple 5000 - 6000mah 2 cell lipo's and your ripping it up.

+1 on the hyperion, it will charge all you listed + more.

Last edited:
Nah. No thank you. That might work, but it aint the same.

Back