Computer Pros Help Me Plz!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentHunterKellen

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
While trying to setup TomClancy's SPlinter Cell 2 Pandora tomorrow, I accidentally did somethiing wrong with my graphics driver-Nvidia GeForce or something, and now I have to run the old poopy driver and I can't use Direct3D, does anyone know how I can fix this? I can give all the exact specifications if you need...like what driver, what computer i have, ect. ect.

nvdia's driver (note the singular use of the word) runs all their cards. So what sounds like what might have happened is you changed from Direct 3d to like open gl or something?

If your using WIndows XP you could try the system restore function in windows XP (If you have it turned on). You can bring the system back to its configuration prior to the driver change.

sLY

I have Windows XP, how can I access that system restore function? Will it erase recently saved documents?
-Thnx

start-->programs-->accessories-->system tools-->system restore, and no it doesn not delete your documents.

Last edited:
Let us know if it worked out for you. I have used that once or twice after a bad driver install.

Yahoo, it worked. Sorry I took so long, I played a couple Onslaught games on Unreal Tournament 2004. Thanks for the help you guys, I really appreaciate it. Peace easy-e
-SHK

Gotta love that restore feature. Saved my butt a few times when the wife did something on my laptop. Needless to say, she can't use it anymore unless she goes on the "Guest" account.