Cold is here

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Çh®i§tiªñ

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, for those of you who dont know, I'm from Buffalo, New York. A generally cold weather climate area. Needless to say, the fun and warm days of summer seem to be gone. Leaves on the trees are already starting to fall and the crunch on the ground in the morning has become a daily occurrance. My RC's are starting to get a frown on their face, knowing right well, their home is going to become the workbench for the next 6 or so months. And yes, even I am starting to frown a little about it.

The one really positive about the cold air setting in is the better ability of RC planes to cut through the skies. Colder air provides and easier flight and less resistance to higher speeds. So the fall flying should be a blast. If only I could control the winds. Looks like the shift from the ground to the air has become more imminent.

The fun part of winter is the time allowed to wrench on existing vehicles, build new ones and have creative thoughts turn into reality. I have a lot of good ideas and will probably even be able to bring some things to the market place never even seen before. I would expect by spring, at least one idea anyhow, to become a reality and maybe even possibly be in production. Thus, my signature. (this is for all of you wondering what is coming soon ;) ) Its time to put on the creative hat and get to work!

As far as the new vehicle goes, well, I have decided to build an Associated TC3 Pro over the winter. This is going to be this cold seasons project car. Should start on this late December.

Anyone else here getting ready to embrace the winter and shift into a different RC mode? Share your thoughts.......

The best part is the engines run stronger and cooler in the cold. Winter IS good for something!

It starting to cool off here in NC too. All this week has only been in the 60s. My cars and trucks run MUCH better this time of year. I love winter, I can't wait to get my Maxx out in the snow! We only get a couple of inches a year but thats fine with me. I will be thinking of you Christian when you guys get like 40 inches of lake effect snow, lol. Cmon winter!!! I am sooooooo sick of the heat!

BTW Fett it is officially fall, so when is the fall bash?

I hear ya christian being from michigan we get hammered also i think this year will be sitting around add some carbon fiber parts a new engine or 2 and hopping the tmaxx I'm getting for christmas and other wise staying inside the house out of the cold when i can ..

Since i usually work out side in the snow anything inside is nice to do

Rob

Well it’s mid October here in California Its just now cooling off a bit so I can run my RCs during the day. So :ha :ha :ha

I'm Glad its cooling off. Man I can actually run my stuff during the day now. you know how long you can run a electric in 100 wether? Not long. Plus I am really getting into this nitro stuff so it will keep me buzy over the winter. I sill just have to figure out some way to vent the exhaust from the tiny little pipes to the outside of my garage :batman: X

Luckily here in Texas we have a mild winter, much nicer to stay out all day and bash when it's 60 degree's versus 110 in the shade

Chris, it ain't winter yet....

Me? Well most of my cars will get a thorough strip-and-clean. Get them all shiny for the spring. But my Maxx is going to be winterized. I'm going to explore the area of SnowBashing. I have a fair sized yard. And a snow shovel. I'm thinking I can make plenty of good ramps out of snow. And I'm going to stud my stock tires. That should be a blast.
And I'm still strongly considering the Zagi 400X. I've never flown a powered plane. And have limited glider time. It does look like a plane that I can learn to fly. I'm a bit nervous because there aren't any clubs closeby where I can hook with an instructor. Think I can learn to fly by meself???

Yeah I know its not winter yet, but, you know the drill. Wouldnt be the first time we went trick or treating in the snow ;)

I think you would be able to easily adapt to flying the zagi more so than a full fledged plane. Flying wings are a bit easier to fly in my opinion. However, they are VERY acrobatic! That can result in some crazy recovery moments. Trust me on that one hehehe I never went to an instructor, however, i spent a lot of time on a flight sim at home first. It definately helped. And still does today.

Maybe we can get together for a snow bash this year. I'm game for it. Only with the maxx though!

Eddy - the only reason I'm jealous is because you get to fish more! Prick!

Back