CNHL 6s pack testing with the Limitless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
So wanted to do some testing with some of my new packs from my sponsors at CNHL. Ran both the G+ 70c 6000mAh 6s and Racing Series 90c 9500mAh 6s packs. Setup is an Arrma Limitless with XLX2 and 1717 1650kv motor using perfect pass on 1:1 gearing. Results were really really close so this will be done again in the future to see if there will be a bigger variance between the two packs. So results were the G+ pack ran 124mph with minimum voltage dropping to 20.9v, .67v ripple, 284.4A and 8.2HP/6115W.
Screenshot_20211001-105555_GNSS PA.jpg
20211001_115240.jpg
The R.S. 90c pack ran at 123mph(on a 200ft shorter pass) with minimum voltage dropping to 20.7v, ripple at .96v, 271.1A and 7.88HP/5876W.
Screenshot_20211001-111245_GNSS PA.jpg
20211001_115327.jpg

So mph wise I'm saying packs were identical taking into consideration the 200ft shorter pass with the 90c as if both passes were same distance I'd bet they'd have both been 124mph. The more important data to me being the voltage and also amperage is where the variance is more important. The smaller 70c 6000mAh pack kept better voltage but produced higher amperage, where the bigger 90c dropped more voltage but had less amperage. So again this will be done down the road and with heavier gearing and load to really test the packs and get more variance hopefully. In short with the close results about all I'm concluding is the larger 90c pack should do better on a heavier load/higher gearing as it had less Amp draw where the smaller 70c will do better on less load but not by much. Just too close of results only thing to really consider is the size of the packs and how the smaller pack did the same or little better than a pack 1.5x the mAh which is interesting.. Here is a short of the passes and I'm working on editing up the full video as well👍🏼 https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUgshQKlY1y/?utm_medium=copy_link

Interesting results but not terribly surprising to me. I think one thing that your testing and mine will show is that the C ratings are blown way out of proportion and most packs are going to fall within about 10-15C of each other when their True C rating is calculated. The higher mAh pack should perform a little better because it should be able to handle high amp draws a little better but if the true C rating of the 90C pack is really a tad lower than the 70Cs True C rating then that could be causing a wash, if you know what I mean. Ill be curious to see how the next tests turn out with the higher load.

So wanted to do some testing with some of my new packs from my sponsors at CNHL. Ran both the G+ 70c 6000mAh 6s and Racing Series 90c 9500mAh 6s packs. Setup is an Arrma Limitless with XLX2 and 1717 1650kv motor using perfect pass on 1:1 gearing. Results were really really close so this will be done again in the future to see if there will be a bigger variance between the two packs. So results were the G+ pack ran 124mph with minimum voltage dropping to 20.9v, .67v ripple, 284.4A and 8.2HP/6115W.View attachment 134198 View attachment 134196The R.S. 90c pack ran at 123mph(on a 200ft shorter pass) with minimum voltage dropping to 20.7v, ripple at .96v, 271.1A and 7.88HP/5876W.View attachment 134199View attachment 134197
So mph wise I'm saying packs were identical taking into consideration the 200ft shorter pass with the 90c as if both passes were same distance I'd bet they'd have both been 124mph. The more important data to me being the voltage and also amperage is where the variance is more important. The smaller 70c 6000mAh pack kept better voltage but produced higher amperage, where the bigger 90c dropped more voltage but had less amperage. So again this will be done down the road and with heavier gearing and load to really test the packs and get more variance hopefully. In short with the close results about all I'm concluding is the larger 90c pack should do better on a heavier load/higher gearing as it had less Amp draw where the smaller 70c will do better on less load but not by much. Just too close of results only thing to really consider is the size of the packs and how the smaller pack did the same or little better than a pack 1.5x the mAh which is interesting.. Here is a short of the passes and I'm working on editing up the full video as well👍🏼 https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUgshQKlY1y/?utm_medium=copy_link
Good to see you on here…..
Interesting results but not terribly surprising to me. I think one thing that your testing and mine will show is that the C ratings are blown way out of proportion and most packs are going to fall within about 10-15C of each other when their True C rating is calculated. The higher mAh pack should perform a little better because it should be able to handle high amp draws a little better but if the true C rating of the 90C pack is really a tad lower than the 70Cs True C rating then that could be causing a wash, if you know what I mean. Ill be curious to see how the next tests turn out with the higher load.
I definitely wish the c ratings were more accurate……do you have any sources for accurate testing s?

Good to see you on here…..

I definitely wish the c ratings were more accurate……do you have any sources for accurate testing s?
Thanks @Jon NC RC good to see you over here also👍🏼If you get a lipo ESR tester it will give true C rating and I believe the 6000mAh G+ came in at only like 38c average per cell. I've always known C rating is false and more so an advertising gimmick but as I said what's more interesting is the packs performance with one being 6000mAh and the other 9500mAh. For speed running a higher mAh pack can be better as it should hold higher voltage having more mAh which then gives more rpms which is more speed produced. But as this first test gave a glimpse at is that's not necessary the case under this load but did yield less Amp draw which means it can take a higher load better at the voltage. I'll also be doing parallel tests so I'll run pairs of the 6000mAh for a 12,000mAh 6s pack and also of the 9500mAh for a 19,000mAh which should show a lot different results but then again may not and that's what I'm curious to find out besides how much it will keep voltages up.

I'm embarking on that very journey right now. One of the tools I'm using is an ESR meter.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/comparing-lipos.130493/

Thanks @Jon NC RC good to see you over here also👍🏼If you get a lipo ESR tester it will give true C rating and I believe the 6000mAh G+ came in at only like 38c average per cell. I've always known C rating is false and more so an advertising gimmick but as I said what's more interesting is the packs performance with one being 6000mAh and the other 9500mAh. For speed running a higher mAh pack can be better as it should hold higher voltage having more mAh which then gives more rpms which is more speed produced. But as this first test gave a glimpse at is that's not necessary the case under this load but did yield less Amp draw which means it can take a higher load better at the voltage. I'll also be doing parallel tests so I'll run pairs of the 6000mAh for a 12,000mAh 6s pack and also of the 9500mAh for a 19,000mAh which should show a lot different results but then again may not and that's what I'm curious to find out besides how much it will keep voltages up.
I bought a racing series and a G+ series lipo to test. So hopefully that may help shed some light on whats going on too. My tests take forever to run but Ill try to do them early on in the series in case my data ends up being any use to you.

OK got my video edited up and on my channel. Here's the testing I did with the 6s packs. Results were almost identical so will be gearing up and doing the test again under harsher load so part 2 coming in the next few weeks👍🏼

Back