clutch bells ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t-maxx_mumbler

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a hpi hellfire and i was just in a massive colision with a big brick!
i bent the engine mount and all the set screws from the chassis to the maont poped out so my clutch bell and spur went nuts . i have to relplace both and I'm going to run a stock 52 tooth spur gear. the stock clutch bell was a 13 tooth, but there are 14, 15, 16 tooth clutch bells what i the big differance between them all ? thank you for your help.

there isn't a "big" difference. But when you change gearing, changing the clutch bell is a bigger change than it would be to change the amount of teeth on your spur gear.

Do you feel your hellfire is explosive enough on the low end to bump up a tooth or two on the clutch bell? if so, by all means shoot for it. You'll get a small top end gain out of it, but you'll lose a small amount of take off power.

Higher number on the clutchbell, more top end.
But take off won't be as quick.

Can go with less teeth on the spur for more top end too.

gear ratios can play a BIG factor in tuning, and like stated before, depending on your engine... could take some experimenting to find out what you feel is prime to run with.