clutch bells

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro dave

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am looking at purchasing probably 2 different clutch bells, and I am curious as to the benefits of one brand over another. If they are all hardened steel is there really that much of a difference? My LHS stocks the traxxas ones, but I don't know if there is much benefit to ordering from RRP or racers edge. Anyone with an opinion here?

If you are running a High RPM Engine you might want to look for a Vented Clutch Bell to keep your Shoes cooler. Other than that, Id say they are all the same?

I run racers edge simply because they include new bearings with theirs they are normally less expensive than TRX and they are vented if you think it matters...X

I also run Racers edge, but I don't use the crappy bearings that come with them, I use dynamite sealed bearings in mine. I like them because they are vented.

I've been running Racers Edge cb's for awhile now, and believe it or not, the Traxxas cb's hold up better... The new bearings, and being vented, keeps me going back to the Racers Edge though...

I've been running traxxas mostly that what thye have localy so thats what i run

I run the associated light weight clutch bell which is vented.

I have several Racers Edge and Traxxas CB's. (16,17 RE 18,22 Traxxas) I havent seen much difference other then the obvious teeth results. The racers edge is vented so they might keep your temps down a little and be a little lighter (not sure about that). But the big difference is they come with bearings. So unless your are a clutch bell aficionado, you get free bearings. Either one works good.