Check out this Russian Fighter Jet

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Here's some info A buddy of mine sent:

Just in case anybody wonders why we continue to spend gazillions of dollars to develop better weapons, this is why. You can bet China has something they are hiding and working on too.

video SU-30MK Russian Fighter

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:34:09 -0800, MGEN Hank Stelling USAF Ret wrote: "This is for those of you who will understand how remarkable this really is. Anyway you slice it, pretty impressive. Great camera work. This remarkable aircraft and its pilot demonstrate what I thought impossible for a high speed jet fighter. In the SU-30MK, Russian aviation has surpassed that of the US and its NATO allies. This truly impressive fighter can stall from high speed flight to stop in less than a second. It can fall back on its tail, without compressor stall, and go into a flat spin and recover in less than a minute. There is no aircraft in any country's inventory that could stand up to it in a dog fight."

http://www.crazyaviation.com/movies/CA_SU-30.wmv

Here is one response received to this:

Obviously computer technology enables many of the advances in aviation capabilities today, but this aircraft is the only one with fully articulated canards forward of the main wing. They have also incorporated an ability to generate by-pass airflow in the wings when they are presented with reverse aerodynamic forces. It is the presence of these features that enable the computer to create the dissimilar airflow over the main wings and inside each engine to perform many of these maneuvers.

Recall of comments by Putin and others in the Russian defense forces lead me to believe that they have, not only a next generation stealth air fleet, but radar systems to CONTROL them which means ability to DETECT others.

that video has actually been out for over 5 years now.....I have relatives that work for Pratt & Whitney and they were all going ga ga over this jet then.....has it been sold for production yet? 'caus Russia sure isn't going to be building these for themselves on the current budget.....

Wow! If we don't have anything in our arsenal that can combat that... we are in trouble. That is one heck of a pilot.

Tom

Wow! If we don't have anything in our arsenal that can combat that... we are in trouble.

Wouldn't worry about having to combat too many of them yet...they can't afford production on it so it's up for sale now......

Wow! If we don't have anything in our arsenal that can combat that... we are in trouble. That is one heck of a pilot.

Tom

Like the fish said, they can't afford to build them, especially in any kind of numbers. Plus Russian weapon systems have never been as good as ours, and they have a completely different doctrine when it comes to air combat.

Back