Check out these MPX connectors.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I ran across these when I was browsing hobbyking for connectors. I'm not trying to say anyone should switch, I just thought these were interesting so I thought Id share.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/mpx-mal...D=85940&indexName=hbk_live_products_analytics

These are also interesting
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/xt60-ma...D=58909&indexName=hbk_live_products_analytics

Decided to try some Deans connectors made by AMASS. These seem pretty nice.
s-l1600.png

Last edited:
Those green mpx ones are different. 3 wires? Whats the 3x3 wires about? The other XT-60. Are cool I also seen them in a 90° connector. Thought those were cool as well

Those green mpx ones are different. 3 wires? Whats the 3x3 wires about? The other XT-60. Are cool I also seen them in a 90° connector. Thought those were cool as well
no its a 3 pin on both negative and positive wires. I 1st thought that the tube with 3 pins rails was the connector that's the solder area. its the 6 pins that make the connection. I dont like anything under 80 amps so all the connectors listed are useless to me ..herd Andersons power poles were the thing to use had so many fail .never again

no its a 3 pin on both negative and positive wires. I 1st thought that the tube with 3 pins rails was the connector that's the solder area. its the 6 pins that make the connection. I dont like anything under 80 amps so all the connectors listed are useless to me ..herd Andersons power poles were the thing to use had so many fail .never again
Oooo ok got it. Seems weird to me. I switched to the XT line of connectors personally. Good connectors easy to solder.👍👍

I feel the same way about Deans. By far the worst connectors I have ever used.

Theyre my favorites. I think they are the easiest to solder, theyre small, and so far the genuine Deans hold up to 8S pretty well. Better than the knock offs anyway. We'll see if I can get them to fail. Even if they ultimately dont hold up to 8S I'll use them on all my 1/8 Scale and smaller kits.

And those are the most common connectors out there. And used by many.
I've had rtrs come with them and the esc plug was crap right out of the gate, the car wouldn't even turn on unless you held the plugs at a certain angle. I use XT connectors in everything now and will never go back to Deans.
Theyre my favorites. I think they are the easiest to solder, theyre small, and so far the genuine Deans hold up to 8S pretty well. Better than the knock offs anyway. We'll see if I can get them to fail. Even if they ultimately dont hold up to 8S I'll use them on all my 1/8 Scale and smaller kits.
The second worst ones for me were EC3 connectors, I could never get the damn bullet through the plastic casing without damaging it.......... I gave up on those pretty fast. I kept the bullets for my minis though.

I've had rtrs come with them and the esc plug was crap right out of the gate, the car wouldn't even turn on unless you held the plugs at a certain angle. I use XT connectors in everything now and will never go back to Deans.

The second worst ones for me were EC3 connectors, I could never get the damn bullet through the plastic casing without damaging it.......... I gave up on those pretty fast. I kept the bullets for my minis though.
I feel the same way about EC connectors. I think theyre too much of a pain to seat the bullets in the housings without messing them up. Honestly though my personal thought on connectors is, they're all good. Deans, XT, EC really just whatever works for you.

Well the RTR RCs. Really don't come with good plugs to begin with. All of them are just knockoffs and mass produced hence CRAP!!!! I also use XTs. I love them. The easiest connector to solder out there by far IMHO. And a very good connection between both sides. It's basically a bullet connector. Just don't have to solder bullet then insert to casing. And bend or mess up the tips... XT ALL THE WAY BABY!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Plus I really don't like. Maybe even HATE the smart plugs. By Traxxas and spectrum. Good for beginners that don't know how what they are doing or for kids. But there's really NO need for them. Just over priced concept IMHO.. And that's coming from someone that just started useing lipos in the last 6 months to a yr..... there's a learning curve to the lipo battery but not that difficult to wear I need a battery and charger to figure out what type I have and charge it.....

Well the RTR RCs. Really don't come with good plugs to begin with. All of them are just knockoffs and mass produced hence CRAP!!!! I also use XTs. I love them. The easiest connector to solder out there by far IMHO. And a very good connection between both sides. It's basically a bullet connector. Just don't have to solder bullet then insert to casing. And bend or mess up the tips... XT ALL THE WAY BABY!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Plus I really don't like. Maybe even HATE the smart plugs. By Traxxas and spectrum. Good for beginners that don't know how what they are doing or for kids. But there's really NO need for them. Just over priced concept IMHO.. And that's coming from someone that just started useing lipos in the last 6 months to a yr..... there's a learning curve to the lipo battery but not that difficult to wear I need a battery and charger to figure out what type I have and charge it.....
Does anyone like the smart connectors? lol

Does anyone like the smart connectors? lol
I'm sure there are some that like them. As the idea is nice. Helps people with out commun since to not burn down their house..but they went to far with pricing.

Back