Check out my design. Dirt Oval Slash!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Out of Sight

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
While looking for a design reference for my work, I stumbled upon a unique type of racing..well probably very common in the States, but have never been heard in my country. Dirt Oval race.

I watched it couple of times at Whacked Out Sports through my cable TV. It was intense, powerslide,fender to fender autosport, which I think suits the nature of the Slash. So while taking a lunchbreak, I did some tinkering with the Proline Hardcore body photo from their site, and came up with THIS :p

This is just my imagination of what the Slash would look like in a dirt oval setup. The suspension is lowered, redesign the whole lower body,add some aerodynamic enchancements to cut through the wind. I was also inspired by those Pikes Peak racer with that outrageous aerofoil.

After an hour of Photoshop work..here it is. Should this body exists, there might be a new speed record for the Slash. I did some tidying up on the lower skirt to make the body less prone to fly (i.e. downforce)...or so I think :D :D

hardcore3.jpg

I race allot of dirt oval and all the local guys are putting 1/8th scale late model bodies on their slashes like this one.

View attachment 65

I do like your Idea of a lowered truck body. :thumbup1:

A little low for dirt but perfect for asphalt :thumbup I like it!

trxrcman, were yopu at Joplin R/C Speedway a couple of weeks ago? It was a big event with some awesome racing.

Holy crap, you have some skills. That looks great.

Thanks guys. I do love the late model type body, but I just want to see how far I can convert the Hardcore body for different purposes other than SC, while still keeping the 'truck' look of the Slash. I'm thinking of a Pike's Peak Slash..maybe add an outrageous giant spoiler, and a much slanter frontal area :)

A little low for dirt but perfect for asphalt :thumbup I like it!

trxrcman, were yopu at Joplin R/C Speedway a couple of weeks ago? It was a big event with some awesome racing.

Nope wasn't there. I live about 6hrs north of Joplin so haven't been able to make it there but have heard it nice to race at. I do most of my dirt oval racing in Bonner Springs Ks at http://www.checkeredflagrcraceway.com.

wow..nice looking jacket! Please make a prototype out of this and then try how it would perform on the airport runway LOL.. great work!:thumbup1:

nice wrk. I would take one for a street burner. Kool Lid.:thumbup1:

wow..nice looking jacket! Please make a prototype out of this and then try how it would perform on the airport runway LOL.. great work!:thumbup1:

Thanks bro! Not a exactly a jacket for los abados track, but this should put some terror on those TA touring chassis running on tarmac! :lol:

nice wrk. I would take one for a street burner. Kool Lid.:thumbup1:

Thanks. I'm working on a revised design, more of a late model type dirt racer based on the same body. I'll put it up later on. :)

when is it ready to ship?? :D:D :thumbup1:

Did proline ever get back to you? Would love to see this in prod.

Thats a pretty slick design! Nice work.

Over on Traxxas' website, he had a couple of different colors. The green one was pretty sweet I think it was green and black with flames.

Back