Charlie's Huge Announcement

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Since most of you guys are like family to me, I figured that you deserve to learn of my "big announcement" before anyone else. I have been working for weeks to get a deal worked out so that I can better serve the RC community.

I have teamed up with Joe, the owner of East End Machine, and we are now working together to develop the East End Machine online hobby store to the forefront of the RC community. We have gone from best friends, to an employer/business partner relationship. I am sick and tired of wanting parts for my RC's and having to buy them on ebay, pay high prices, or use an overseas company that is expensive and has the worst customer service known to man. When I met Joe of East End Machining and started doing business with him, I knew from day one that if I was ever to venture into the RC business, this is the business owner that I would want to be my employer and partner. I have not received customer service like Joe provides anywhere else in the industry. What I liked so much was that if I was spending $20, or $2000, the service was still A+, Grade A choice customer service.

A big part of what we are doing is geared toward RC rock crawling. If you're not into rock crawling, that's OK, because we are also working on all other aspects of RC's. As many of you know, I have gotten into crawling pretty hardcore. I am now going to be attending comps every chance I get, and hopefully will start traveling the country making it to some of the big comps. One problem that I ran across is that the axial is such a nice rig, most people are not trying to develop parts to take it to the next level of crawling, which is competition. Most of the companies that are making parts for the axial are just stock replacement parts, bling, stuff like that. Most guys think they have to run a completely different chassis and suspension setup to have something that is durable and capable enough for competition. I see the potential that the stock axial chassis has to be a serious competition contender, and I've been designing and developing parts for the axials since I first started getting serious about crawling. After attending my first cop with an axial rig, I had a lot of problems with parts breaking, and parts causing other parts to break, things like that. So I got back and went to the drawing boards.

Now for the good news. I have teamed up with Joe to machine and produce these parts for the crawler population. These are nowhere near stock replacement, all of the parts that are going into production are easy to install and inexpensive in the scope of things. However, these are NOT stock replacement parts. They are parts that have been engineered, designed, and developed to take the axial from being a 5 or 6 on a scale of 1-10 for comp crawling, to being a 10 when it comes to comp crawling. These parts are more durable, and perform better than anything else that's currently available to the masses.

Joe also machines parts for all of the popular nitro and electric RC's, racers, bashers, shelf queens, and everything in between. With the support of you guys, both Joe and I are working our butts off to be able to provide you with the BEST RC shopping experience anywhere on the net, period.

As all of you know, customer service is VERY important to me, and that's the biggest focus of Joe and I as we prepare to take East End Machining not only to the next level, but all the way to the top. I'm doing this for one reason. I love this hobby with a passion that doesn't make sense, and I want you guys to be able to have somewhere that you can turn to get reliable, high performance, trophy winning parts, at the lowest possible price, with the highest possible level of customer service. I know that I do a lot for many of the members on this site, and I have devoted a lot of time to helping others. If you would like to return the favor and support me in this quest, please use East End Machining when it comes time to buy parts, and pass the word on. The more support we have from you guys, the more custom performance parts that we can develop and produce, and the more inventory we can carry, so on and so fourth.

www.eastendmachining.com

In case you're wondering, we are now in the testing phase of our first line of custom crawler parts, and we will be releasing them for sale, as well as releasing the information to the public, as soon as testing has been completed. Joe and I are not taking any shortcuts, and we will not be releasing a product until we're COMPLETELY satisfied with it's performance and durability, and feel like it's ready to go into the hands of our customers. No part short of excellence will be released for sale.

Last edited:
this sounds great....Congrats on a great oppertunity...

:celebrate3::dance::bow:

You guys are bound and determined to make me get a crawler aren't you!?!?!? LOL That's great news!!

I had already read your sponsored team driver announcement in your signature, but I guess it goes a bit furhter than that,huh! :whhooo: I'm sure you'll have great things happening, Good Luck CTM!:thumbup:

Sounds great bro.

I hope it turns out well for you.

sounds great man! if you need any product testers.. I'm in!

Congrats.

I look forward to everything you guys come up with for the AX10.

Be prepared for Integy to knock off all of your parts and sell them for less out of crappy materials with crappy workmanship. It is what they do.

Thanks for the best wishes guys. Check out the site, and keep us in mind when you need to order something. It's your support that will keep the site going, and the more sales that we do and the bigger our customer base is, the more parts that we will be able to develop and produce for the crawlers as well as all the other forms of RC, and the cheaper we will be able to sell them for.

Congratulations Charlie, great to hear you're going into sales and production. I know you know your onions from your eggs with crawling, and I sure hope I can throw some of your kit at my Axial (if it ever arrives :p). Look forward to seeing what you turn out, and will have a browse round the shop to see if I can see anything I need for next month-end.

You and Joe could do a lot worse than to get onto Castle Creations and get stocking their line of ESCs, BECs and the USB link cable. Too late for me (well this time around at least) but they are overtaking Novak rapidly as the defacto crawler ESC. Their products aren't 100% perfect, but their customer service is very good, from what I hear from them on the forums. they have even gone as far as posting statements to forums apologizing for problems with a product and offering people the opportunity to write a report and e-mail it directly to them, which is neat of them :)

Best of luck and here's to East End Machining.

Congrats, I look forward to top notch parts with good cs, thats a rare thing these days!

I'm willing to torture test anything that will fit on a Wheely King!

Congrats man! Can't wait to see all the new parts you're making.
How 'bout some discount for your fellow RC community? Hahaha.

Last edited:
Whew! Read the title and thought you were going to tell us you and your partner were heading to Massachusetts!

Congrats Charlie and good luck!

-Michael

congrats man! if i can ever get rid of all these other rc's, i am going to drop some coin at east end.

Congrats Charlie and best of luck in your new business venture! :cheers:

can you get anything for truggys? I'm looking around for skid plates.

Since a lot of people think of us as only a machine shop, I wanted to mention that we carry a HUGE inventory of parts for many of the popular RC's, monster trucks, nitro and electric, etc... We carry parts buy STRC, Traxxas, RD Logics, Racers Edge, RPM, and Hitec, and that's just a small sample of the inventory that we carry.

congrats charlie. any sneek peaks on something u might be working on?