Charging the reciever battery pack...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbull14218

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok, so pretty much i hate the fact that these chargers dont know when they have the battery at full charge, i hate that it can continue to charge the battery to the point where it melts and is no longer good....

I know there is a formula for figuring out how long to charge a battery pack for knowing the Output of the Charger and the specs of the battery.

But for some reason i feel like my charger or battery pack is missing or has the wrong information to calculate correctly.

So i attached a drawing of the battery specs and the charger specs... please help me, i dont have the money to fry my battery.

Attachments

• Battery gif.GIF
    Battery gif.GIF
    6.7 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Ditch the wall trickle charger and get a peak detecting charger. Dynamite makes a good one for $30.00. It is the Prophet Sport AC/DC charger. Charge your receiver pack at no more than 2 amps, and 1 amp is better still.

Last edited:
Ditch the wall charger and get a trickle charger. Dynamite makes a good one for $30.00. It is the Prophet Sport AC/DC charger. Charge your receiver pack at no more than 2 amps.

Thank you for your reccomendation. Unfortunitly i am broke because i bought alot of parts to get my Savage going. So for now this will have to make do. I know there is a formula. Thanks

There really is no "tried and true" formula. The general concensus is 12 to 15 hours MAX charge time on a trickle charger.

Your chargers output is 100 mAh so it would take 15 hours to charge a 1500 mAh battery to capacity...

There really is no "tried and true" formula. The general concensus is 12 to 15 hours MAX charge time on a trickle charger.

Your chargers output is 100 mAh so it would take 15 hours to charge a 1500 mAh battery to capacity...

... from completely dead. But I've never managed to fully discharge a receiver pack through normal use. Usually there is still charge left, just not enough to power the servos. Grab a volt meter and check existing charge prior to wall-charging and adjust your charge times accordingly.

... from completely dead. But I've never managed to fully discharge a receiver pack through normal use. Usually there is still charge left, just not enough to power the servos. Grab a volt meter and check existing charge prior to wall-charging and adjust your charge times accordingly.

True true!

The traxxas rigs come with a peak detecting charger probably pick a used on up for about 10 bucks

ok so i have to charge it for 16 hours from dead to full? I'm not going to do that because i know it isnt dead, but i have the right idea right?

Basically. Like I said, your charger charges at a rate of 100 mAh so multiply by the capacity of the battery. From dead 15 hours for a 1500 mah. If it has 600 mAh in it as tested with a meter then you would need to charge it 9 hours to capacity.

Back